Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  37
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Want a home final at our home ground next week?

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Damn, was hoping for a day game so I could go.

Sucks not to get a home final, but the AFL love to stuff us over.
    Yes if we were given the opportunity to play at Etihad for our home final I wouldn't say no but at the same time its very important we get as much game time on the G. Its a shame during the season that for a lot of our away in Victoria we don't play at the G. Away games are just that away from home which in our case is Etihad.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Well, I can't get there.

I was hoping for a Sunday gig so I could get there from Apollo Bay, but as has been the case numerous times this year, personal relationships have had to take priority over attending games. It's peaking at five games now, too much for my liking.
    You have to get your priorities right Jee

Post Thanks / Like

Last two seasons both teams have played three won one at the G. Interesting stat.

Post Thanks / Like

If we were Hawthorn and Hawthorn played its home matches at the Docklands, the game would be scheduled at the docklands.

Sorry but I am so suss on the AFL, it is not hard to see patterns...
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets face it the move to the MCG shouldn't be because of a likely sell out at Docklands

When we last played the Crows we drew a crowd of just under 20,000. By my guess we had under 17,000 Bulldog supporters at that game. Even if we allow for a double attendance of our our supporters and a whopping 15,000 from Adelaide it's still a crowd of under 50K.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Stringer on the news today. "we don't mind playing at the G as we do have to play there for the Grand Final"
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes The bulldog tragician, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stringer on the news today. "we don't mind playing at the G as we do have to play there for the Grand Final"
    That's a good attitude. Etihad Stadium is our home ground today but ultimately the spirit of the finals is at the MCG.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Be interesting to know if it was Geelong v Adelaide where the game would be played
    I am tipping at Geelong

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Please tell me he finished that sentence with "this year"
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Be interesting to know if it was Geelong v Adelaide where the game would be played
    I am tipping at Geelong
    Or St Kilda vs (say Sydney) per chance? We are on a hot streak after finally making our own home ground advantage at the soul less cold stadium, and we are not allowed a home game despite finishing in a ladder position high enough to be rewarded with same? I don't like it. I get the players attitude because they need to think that way, but for me it smacks of duplicitous treatment that doesn't support us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes Bulldog4life, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Bulldogs will play a home final at Etihad if they earn that right"

"The only way the Bulldogs will get a home final at Etihad is if they have a home final against Adelaide"

"Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Saturday 7:20pm MCG"

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    "Bulldogs will play a home final at Etihad if they earn that right"

"The only way the Bulldogs will get a home final at Etihad is if they have a home final against Adelaide"

"Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Saturday 7:20pm MCG"

The AFL sucked us in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I am tipping at Geelong
    I doubt it.. It was a different case in 2013 ( when Geelong had a home final) as all finals in week 1 were in Melbourne.

This year it is only 2... And with only 1 more final expected to be played in Melbourne before the GF then I can see a case why the game is to be played at the 'G.. But the AFL's justification statement is ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

In a fair and equitable compeittion that has integrity this match gets played at the home ground of the team that has earned it.

However, for our development I think this is a fantastic opportunity for our very young side. We lack finals experience, and we lack MCG experience and this is as good a way to get both as any and atleast the opposition isn't favoured by us playing it there.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

And it's going to be windy. Very windy. Bringing back memories of that West Coast final already. The conditions could not be further away from what we experience week in, week out at Etihad.

Saturday 12 September
    Min 13 Max 20
    Partly cloudy. Winds northerly 25 to 40 km/h.