4- Dale Morris
    5- Matthew Inness
    6- Josh Prudden
    7- Wil Anderson
    Fifi didn't make the eight?
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eight announcements in eight hours

I would have liked for it to be an army of Bulldogs legends leading the way...Grant, Johnson, Schulz, Hawkins, anyone else that wanted to be a part of it.

Wil and Fifi is purely for the media exposure, and trying to build up a real bulldogs army. Fifi has apparently spoken about buying a membership and things on air a fair bit recently, not what I would call a passionate Dog but it's positive exposure so still good news.

Post Thanks / Like

Anti climax alright. Hope Fifi doesn't drive there and try to park in a disabled parking Bay.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    I would have liked for it to be an army of Bulldogs legends leading the way...Grant, Johnson, Schulz, Hawkins, anyone else that wanted to be a part of it.

Wil and Fifi is purely for the media exposure, and trying to build up a real bulldogs army. Fifi has apparently spoken about buying a membership and things on air a fair bit recently, not what I would call a passionate Dog but it's positive exposure so still good news.
    Your first paragraph talks of something tribal. Something to build upon as a group passionate die hards with the club.
    Your second paragraph talks of a gimmick photo opportunity. Something which is devoid of tribalism.

But I guess the club knows best...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who the heck is Fifi-Box? What an anti-climax Dogs!! I'd rather we get Doris from Braybrook Aged Care in a Wheelchair, Cigarette in one hand, Bulldogs pom pom in the other.

Agree Mantis - Innes is number 1.

Actually Fifi-Box looks a lot like Wil Anderson in Drag and Peroxide.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    OK ranking the announcements
    1- Toby McLean
    2- Caleb Daniel
    3- Matthew Boyd
    4- Dale Morris
    5- Matthew Inness
    6- Josh Prudden
    7- Wil Anderson
    In order of importance Inness is number 1.. His role is absolutely crucial to our continued improvement.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    In order of importance Inness is number 1.. His role is absolutely crucial to our continued improvement.
    Absolutely agree. Just that at the moment, Inness is just a guy filling a job. No idea if he is going to be anything from awful to amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the reaction to this announcement is a bit more downbeat than it should be.

A woofer has come up with a brilliant idea to enhance the clubs traditions and sense of togetherness.

Within a matter of days the club have embraced this and done what they can to promote it and instill excitement in it.

This isn't about Wil & Fifi, they only provide media attention. It's about the Doggies community sticking their chest out and being proud of our team, and of who we are as a club and community. It could be something great if people choose to get behind it.

What's with the underwhelmed response?

Post Thanks / Like

Fifi's Box and Will Anderson. That is a pretty good line up for the MC's. Good entertainers.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I think the reaction to this announcement is a bit more downbeat than it should be.

A woofer has come up with a brilliant idea to enhance the clubs traditions and sense of togetherness.

Within a matter of days the club have embraced this and done what they can to promote it and instill excitement in it.

This isn't about Wil & Fifi, they only provide media attention. It's about the Doggies community sticking their chest out and being proud of our team, and of who we are as a club and community. It could be something great if people choose to get behind it.

What's with the underwhelmed response?
    They build up making 8 announcements, three are bundled into one, and one is of two 'celebrities' taking part in the march. If they're going to build things up, the end result needs to be bigger than, oh, Fifi Box.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Wil wears his doggy heart on his sleeve loudly and proudly, at any half a chance. He's mentioned his love of the dogs on many American podcasts as well, which must confuse a few people. Great to see the banner man Danny McGinlay involved as well. If I lived in Melbourne I would proudly embrace and join the march. Hopefully we can do it again grand final day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Who the heck is Fifi-Box? What an anti-climax Dogs!! I'd rather we get Doris from Braybrook Aged Care in a Wheelchair, Cigarette in one hand, Bulldogs pom pom in the other.

Agree Mantis - Innes is number 1.

Actually Fifi-Box looks a lot like Wil Anderson in Drag and Peroxide.
    Some type of psychic power there GD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Some type of psychic power there GD
    I wondered how he mentioned the post that appeared after his post too.

Got the tattslotto numbers GD?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

16. Likes Doc26 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon the last one was going to be something bigger but fell through at the last minute. That last release looks like it has been knocked together at a minutes notice.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

18. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post