Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs can't compete due to drafting mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Shithouse revisionist history article. Every argument has been tweaked to make all our selections look misguided. Amateur hour stuff. You could write the same scathing article about any of the other 15 clubs to suit the argument they are trying to make. Even West Coast, a club who is praised for their recruiting, have skeletons like David Antonowicz, Callum Chambers, Jaxon Crabb and Brandon Hill in their first round ND cupboard.
    Nice Sedat

I think they have a right to question what we are doing and the approach we have taken, but the argument used to do it is poor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I am quite pleased that our 2008 chances are being completely dismissed. I am further quite happy that our playing group and playing list are being told how hopelessly inadequate that they are. These things will lead to games being won in 2008.
    Interesting MJP. Doesn't this sound a bit like end of 1996?

It certainly sounds like the end of 2006 for Geelong. "Complete rebuild" they screamed. Mooney (a ruckman who was a dud forward apparently) and Ablett (regarded as brilliant but slightly lazy) really lifted.

Not comparing the two to Minson & Cooney, but anything could happen...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting MJP. Doesn't this sound a bit like end of 1996?

It certainly sounds like the end of 2006 for Geelong. "Complete rebuild" they screamed. Mooney (a ruckman who was a dud forward apparently) and Ablett (regarded as brilliant but slightly lazy) really lifted.

Not comparing the two to Minson & Cooney, but anything could happen...
    Not sure on this comparison, but we would all feel a bit more positive about our prospects if we had someone we had confidence in to fill the role as a tall forward for next season.

But as you and mjp have posted I think we should be quietly confident about our chances of rising up the ladder.