Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  111
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round EF 2015 - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide Crows

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Third quarter is where we lost it when we kicked 3.6. Bont and Grant should have nailed those 4 goals.
    The momentum loser was Wallis miss at the start, he steadied and missed. A goal there and I reckon it's different. Giving up a red time goal to them instead of icing the last 30 seconds is a dead set coach killer too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am shattered and flat as a tack.

We done enough to win a game but lost. So many moments run through my mind of what we should of done, the missed kick, the ball bouncing the Crows way, the little fingernail that intercepts a handball so on and so on.

It must have been a good game to watch if you were a neutral. From a dogs supporter's point of view, frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would have taken 20 on Talia.
    I am not saying Talia should have played, I am saying Roberts and Hamling weren't up to the task and we had little choice.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Third quarter is where we lost it when we kicked 3.6. Bont and Grant should have nailed those 4 goals.
    This. Should not be missing from 35 metres in front. Grant was even closer. I just knew it would bite us us - shades of 09 against the Cats.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Our first qtr was just as bad, missed some very gettable goals and conceded some super soft goals.. We led the inside 50's at one stage 15 to 6, but we're behind as we had given up 5 goals... Not good enough.

Post Thanks / Like

I believed that earlier tonight but the this group with no weight of history on their shoulders did exactly the same thing as many teams before did, and lost in exactly the same way. It is a very tough gig being a Dogs supporter.
    If they did it again next year we'd be seriously worried .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    This. Should not be missing from 35 metres in front. Grant was even closer. I just knew it would bite us us - shades of 09 against the Cats.
    Whole of team performance. I think Bonts on the full was the worst of his 3 misses, Wallis miss was crucial and Crameri kicking 2.5 was out of the ordinary for him too. Was a real team effort to miss so many gettable chances.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

9. Likes FrediKanoute liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not saying Talia should have played, I am saying Roberts and Hamling weren't up to the task and we had little choice.
    If you had told me prior to the game that Adelaide would have kicked 16 goals and Walker and Jenkins would have combined for 3 I would've laughed.

Roberts and Hamling did pretty well all things considered.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If you had told me prior to the game that Adelaide would have kicked 16 goals and Walker and Jenkins would have combined for 3 I would've laughed.

Roberts and Hamling did pretty well all things considered.
    Walkers 10 marks was telling in the end.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Whole of team performance. I think Bonts on the full was the worst of his 3 misses, Wallis miss was crucial and Crameri kicking 2.5 was out of the ordinary for him too. Was a real team effort to miss so many gettable chances.
    Agreed Grant and Bont weren't alone. Stewy has to learn to lower the eyes every once in a while.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

After sitting through many gut wrenching finals losses you think I'd be used to this. Nope. I'm absolutely gutted right now, long drive back and I'll sit in bed for the next 2 - 3 hours wondering what could have been.

Post Thanks / Like

So close again and it IS painful. However, we have begun to assemble the team to win a flag. This was an important step. Big stage, 60,000 in and we got a valuable lesson in what you have to do to win a final - kick straight and choose the right option. Picken, Wallis and Dahl simply magnificent. 2016 - bring it on! I'm pumped! Go Dogs!!!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Walkers 10 marks was telling in the end.
    Walker is a gun who has played over 100 games.. Our 2 key defenders have played less than 20 each.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Walker is a gun who has played over 100 games.. Our 2 key defenders have played less than 20 each.
    I thought both improved as the game went on. Roberts did make some big errors late though. Hopefully all involved will be better for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I believed that earlier tonight but the this group with no weight of history on their shoulders did exactly the same thing as many teams before did, and lost in exactly the same way. It is a very tough gig being a Dogs supporter.
    That's how I feel about it too. I was pretty certain this team was very different to that of 97-98 and 08-10, so much so that I hadn't even thought about what happened in those games today. Walking to the G tonight, I was sure if we played well then we'd win.

To lose in exactly the same way has left me feeling as flat as I can remember. A sobering reminder that we are, after all, Dogs supporters.

There's more to it (ie. our team defense was atrocious in the first half especially) but I'm finding it difficult to be overly positive right now. We have some major issues with the list (ageing players in key positions, bare cupboard for key backs, unproven rucks and a gun mid short) and our depth isn't as good as we thought it was when we were toweling up mediocre sides like Essendon and Port. Our top 15-18 or so looks good, but there's still a lot to fix.

18. Likes Sedat liked this post