Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  111
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round EF 2015 - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide Crows

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Just to punish myself I re-watched the last quarter up to where Tex starts bouncing the ball along the boundary after throwing Roberts to the ground illegally.

There were lots of errors after we hit the front and led by 8 or 9 points. One of the boundary umpires cheat when Stringer is chasing the ball, over runs it and Talia picks it up and runs off. The ball actually rolled over the line and the boundary umpire stood there watching.

Later on we made so many handball errors in the backline it wasn't funny. We seemed to panic, and hopefully the young players will learn from that.

I have now deleted the game off IQ
    I remember that boundary line thing ! The last quarter is a blur though. Very courageous effort to watch it again, let alone the third quarter where we basically threw it away.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I remember that boundary line thing ! The last quarter is a blur though. Very courageous effort to watch it again, let alone the third quarter where we basically threw it away.
    The third quarter was awful. Watching us miss shot after shot.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just remembered. It's saved to the hard drive on the telly. Delete ASAP.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I've just remembered. It's saved to the hard drive on the telly. Delete ASAP.
    My sister arrived home to see that the message on IQ next to the game said Failed. It seemed apt.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

5. Likes Twodogs, Murphy'sLore, Flamethrower liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

David King didn't miss us with his review of the game. Our defensive running was terrible, especially early on, which King highlighted a number of examples of Adelaide players running past Dogs players unopposed through the middle. I was wondering on the night why Adelaide was slicing us up so easily on the rebound - now I know why. Uncharacteristic defensive performance by us this year - I think we got a false sense of security after kicking the first 3 goals of the game and then went to sleep defensively for the next 45 minutes.

7. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes Remi Moses, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am still in disbelief we lost this game. This is the most frustrated I have been after a loss all year. As Sedat mentioned above, the ease with which Adelaide scored not only in the first half but entire march was ridiculous. Beveridge knew this was a problem but couldn't get us as a team to tighten up. He described it as our players being a bit to enthusiastic about attacking - or something along those lines.

It was a Really disappointing end to a great season.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    David King didn't miss us with his review of the game. Our defensive running was terrible, especially early on, which King highlighted a number of examples of Adelaide players running past Dogs players unopposed through the middle. I was wondering on the night why Adelaide was slicing us up so easily on the rebound - now I know why. Uncharacteristic defensive performance by us this year - I think we got a false sense of security after kicking the first 3 goals of the game and then went to sleep defensively for the next 45 minutes.
    I kind of understand why this happened - I think the extra space messed with our press a little bit and took us a quarter or so to adapt to. If anything is stretched by its sides it will logically become skinnier from top to bottom. We seemed to fix this up from about midway through the second onwards, but not before that little twerp/gun Betts snagged 4 too many.

Now I'm not saying this is an acceptable rationale, but it's a rationale at least.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

It took far too long to fix, particularly when we had senior players in Morris, Murphy, Boyd and Wood on the ground. You would think it's something that should be fixed within minutes. It took us about 2 and a half quarters, and even then, it was still poor.

The fact that we're sitting out Friday Night really, really annoys me.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that to.
    He's bang on, as much as we missed our chances in the second half, the first half team defence was atrocious

Post Thanks / Like

Yes our defence in the last two games we played....Adelaide & Brisbane... was uncharacteristic of how we played during the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes our defence in the last two games we played....Adelaide & Brisbane... was uncharacteristic of how we played during the year.
    We saved the worst for last just to keep them guessing.

Post Thanks / Like

Leigh Matthews commented on the Sunday that the two best young players in the comp are Bontempelli and Stringer and that they play in the same team. Good call Leigh. Let's see who we pick up in the off season to bolster a great young side.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    I kind of understand why this happened - I think the extra space messed with our press a little bit and took us a quarter or so to adapt to. If anything is stretched by its sides it will logically become skinnier from top to bottom. We seemed to fix this up from about midway through the second onwards, but not before that little twerp/gun Betts snagged 4 too many.

Now I'm not saying this is an acceptable rationale, but it's a rationale at least.
    I wasn't concerned with the last passage of play - we didn't do a hell of a lot wrong except lose the initial clearance in our forward line (which shouldn't have been a stoppage anyway as we butchered a clear goal scoring opportunity through Hunter/Crameri which caused the stoppage).

The lack of defensive running was far more of an issue from about 10 minutes into the 1st qtr until half time. So many ridiculously easy goals conceded because we let the likes of Sloane and Cameron run past us and deliver unopposed into Adelaide's forward 50 for Betts to gobble up.

Post Thanks / Like

Having not had the time or inclination to post since Saturday, pretty much all of my sentiments have been summed up well by other posters.

A lot of our defencive malaise was caused between the ears of a young team that probably took for granted the early lead gained, and not fully understanding a sucker given an even break will gladly take an advantage. Yes the MCG is a tough ground to set up on from a space perspective compared to Docklands, but it's not that tough. Adelaide was able to get behind us with efficient ball movement too easily and would have done so on any ground such was our attitude towards team defence.

I hope the players who missed easy goals and easy targets burn on the inside. Because of them Adelaide were the better team where it counted - in the column under "G" - and they were just members of a team typical of its predecessors.

We should be getting ready to take it up to the Hawks this week.

17. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

We should be getting ready to take it up to the Hawks this week.
    Just went for a walk out the front of work and there are Cows supporters lubricating their vocal chords in the numerous bars around the area.

It should be us!

19. Likes Cyberdoggie liked this post