Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  111
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day Round EF 2015 - Western Bulldogs vs Adelaide Crows

Missed a big opportunity to move through to week 2. I'm gutted. Totally gutted. Missed goals and lack of composure at crucial times. We played so well for so much of that game.

I'm gutted.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone else have the feeling we would have beat the Hawks given the chance, they looked old and slow last night,

What could have been

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    How was that kick to Dickson? Insane.
    My sons jaw dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing I noticed: body size. The crows just looked chunkier through the legs and lower body, and I think that let them get through tackles at crucial moments.

Post Thanks / Like

Bit numb at the moment, got flogged in the local granny and out with the team and watched the Dogs miss a great opportunity.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

7. Likes Remi Moses liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm pretty devastated. On the way there kept telling myself it's been a much better year than expected and that we're still a young team blah blah..getting that close really stings though... And the crows again.poo

9. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Tom Boyd?
    Different type of player.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm numb. That is alll.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As I said after the '09 PF, footy sucks some times.

Can't knock the way we went about, but in big games you just have to take your chances, and we didn't.... Also got broken down far too easily on the counter, just gave up a ridiculous amount of soft goals.

Proud of the way we went about it, but as we all are, disappointed with the result.. It will burn for a while, as it should, but we are on the brink of something special, so bring on 2016.

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that added to the catalogue of bulldog heartbreak .
    Should have , could have, would have. Lost

16. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a glass half full year. Maybe that's just me.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

GEEE that hurt. Won every stat and lost on the scoreboard. Hunters handball that will haunt me for a long time. Hard to be critical though he was awesome, he has come a long way in a few months.

I'm sticking with a glass half full approach, so much improvement to come from this group and we found out about a few who weren't up to it.

One special mention to Jongy. Loved his game tonight, he needs to hit the track and get his fitness up to AFL standard and there are big things ahead for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not ready for this ride of a season to end. I thought there was more good to come. But it's ended.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

A typical Bulldogs finals performance.

Play well, win key statistical areas, blow the game through an inability to convert chances. In simple terms: we choked again.

Thought we were past that stage with this group to be honest. Maybe this will be a blip on an otherwise improved finals record, but tonight felt like basically all of our other big finals. If we were outplayed and lost, fair enough. But no. We lost as we've lost what feels like a hundred times before in finals.

We desperately need a FB and CHB. Whilst our young core is quite good, I'm not convinced our trend will continue upward. We relied a lot on Murphy, Boyd and Morris this season - all three should probably finish next year.

Some astute trading and drafting is certainly needed.

22. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    As I said after the '09 PF, footy sucks some times.

Can't knock the way we went about, but in big games you just have to take your chances, and we didn't.... Also got broken down far too easily on the counter, just gave up a ridiculous amount of soft goals.

Proud of the way we went about it, but as we all are, disappointed with the result.. It will burn for a while, as it should, but we are on the brink of something special, so bring on 2016.
    I know you're right but at this moment all I'm thinking about is that our club exists to lose close finals. We simply do not close out tight games of major importance - never have done. Honestly, when we were 8 points up I was waiting for us to find a way to lose - sure enough we did.

The Crameri fumble in forward 50 on his own is the latest of our 'Grant/Hudson' moments. How we conspired to mess that opportunity up and not even get a shot at goal sums the Dogs up to a tee - we lacked composure when we needed it most, and unfortunately our team has done that for the 40 years that I've been supporting them. We lack the cold-blooded ruthlessness of other teams - Taylor Walker gave us a lesson in that clinical ruthlessness tonight.

We're no certainties next year - Bob, Dale and Boydy were magnificent down back for us and they'll need replacing sooner rather than later. So sick of our club not taking our chances in September.

24. Likes 1eyedog liked this post