Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  202
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future sponsorship?

Good luck to Nick....who from the outside seemed a good fella who did a good job.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is he Hayden Crozier's cousin?
    Maybe we can trade Crozier for Jock Landale?

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Nick Truelson our Chief Commercial Officer has just been appointed CEO of Melbourne United (NBL).

Nick has been CCO for over 10 years and overseen some pretty impressive sponsorship deals. Good luck to him and hopefully we find a great replacement.
    THE WESTERN Bulldogs have poached the AFL's newly appointed head of list management and game analysis Kon Karavias.

Karavias, who has spearheaded the League's strategy team, took on the job last month following the departure of Josh Vanderloo to Hawthorn as its general manager of operations and special projects.

However, the Bulldogs have swooped on Karavias, who has taken on the position as the club's chief commercial and strategy officer.

The League's list management role is a crucial position in connecting with the clubs and being central to decisions and rules around the trade, free agency and draft landscape.

The AFL also hopes to expand the player movement market and has regularly discussed the concept of a mid-season trade period. It has also opened applications for its general manager of football operations job which was vacated by Steve Hocking. – Callum Twomey
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone running out of AFL HQ.

Sounds like a good get for us. Clearly must have pedigree but also that footy industry understanding and experience sounds like an asset beyond his direct job description.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    THE WESTERN Bulldogs have poached the AFL's newly appointed head of list management and game analysis Kon Karavias.

Karavias, who has spearheaded the League's strategy team, took on the job last month following the departure of Josh Vanderloo to Hawthorn as its general manager of operations and special projects.

However, the Bulldogs have swooped on Karavias, who has taken on the position as the club's chief commercial and strategy officer.

The League's list management role is a crucial position in connecting with the clubs and being central to decisions and rules around the trade, free agency and draft landscape.

The AFL also hopes to expand the player movement market and has regularly discussed the concept of a mid-season trade period. It has also opened applications for its general manager of football operations job which was vacated by Steve Hocking. – Callum Twomey
    I hope the AFL stays away from Sam Power.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I hope the AFL stays away from Sam Power.
    I hope we’ve also locked him down in an airtight contract.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we’ve also locked him down in an airtight contract.
    Apparently he locked himself in a room and thrashed out a deal. He now owns Whitten Oval.

9. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any of you guys ever find yourselves in a spare moment thinking how funny it is that we're sponsored by imaginary money?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Any of you guys ever find yourselves in a spare moment thinking how funny it is that we're sponsored by imaginary money?
    If you think deep enough, it's easy to convince yourself all money is imaginary.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

If you think deep enough, it's easy to convince yourself all money is imaginary.
    This.

Don’t even have to think too deeply, at least the vast majority is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We are not sponsored by imaginary money.

It is the TRADING of Imaginary Money.

They make real money by facilitating others swapping the imaginary stuff and paying for the privilege.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

14. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of mine certainly is.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

16. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone running out of AFL HQ.

Sounds like a good get for us. Clearly must have pedigree but also that footy industry understanding and experience sounds like an asset beyond his direct job description.
    It's more attractive to be at Clubland. Not a great reflection for Gil and the culture he has developed at HQ.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    It's more attractive to be at Clubland. Not a great reflection for Gil and the culture he has developed at HQ.
    I'm not sure if we can draw that conclusion with a lot of confidence. With the reduction in numbers at the HQ this might be a great opportunity to advance a career for someone with talent and a lot of ambition.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs extend partnership with PEDIGREE®

The Western Bulldogs are pleased to announce that its partnership with PEDIGREE® will continue for a further two years, as a Premier Partner of the Club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Thanks ratsmac thanked for this post