Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  202
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future sponsorship?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    She's been a little less visible than Gordon so far hasn't she
    Don't mind that but be nice to hear from her from time to time.
    Disney + on the back makes sense doesn't it!
    That's what I was thinking. Promote the network
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

No conflict of interest to worry about............nothing to see here!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

3. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    No conflict of interest to worry about............nothing to see here!
    How would it be a conflict of interest?

Many Presidents put money into their club, but of course she would have to convince her company.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve always thought Kogan would be a good sponsor for us. Online retail, focussed on affordable products. Listed company, huge growth.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    How would it be a conflict of interest?

Many Presidents put money into their club, but of course she would have to convince her company.
    It would be a conflict of interest on the Disney side of things.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Mein gott.

How can this be? I get Covid, but now we've gone desperation stakes by putting it out there. 18k at the games doesn't help.
    Would crowd numbers actually worry sponsors? Would have thought tv numbers, number of prime time games would be more important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Would crowd numbers actually worry sponsors? Would have thought tv numbers, number of prime time games would be more important.
    I think it would be pretty far down the list of concerns for a sponsor. Most of the crowd would barely be able to make out the sponsors logos unless they are looking at the screen anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    It's part of the engagement package I would assume. Numbers are important, probably not the greatest indicator but it's one measure of supporter interaction and a chance to sell your service/product with promotional experiences on game day.

What shows your supporters are engaged? I'd say social media, TV numbers, attendance, membership are all part of it.

Post Thanks / Like

We aren't alone in this. I've noticed Melbourne and someone else who I can't remember don't have back of jumper sponsors either.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    We aren't alone in this. I've noticed Melbourne and someone else who I can't remember don't have back of jumper sponsors either.
    Melbourne had Jaguar on the lower back yesterday and something else up the top. I haven't noticed any other clubs without the main lower back sponsor.

Post Thanks / Like

Across the League, attendances are down 27% compared to the same point in 2019 and we are as impacted as other clubs.

Really disappointing not to have signed a second major sponsor given our great form, excellent FTA coverage and marketable players such as Smith and Bontempelli. We are the only club in the competition in this position and our commercial partnership team, CEO and President have to lift their game as this is pathetic.

13. Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Across the League, attendances are down 27% compared to the same point in 2019 and we are as impacted as other clubs.

Really disappointing not to have signed a second major sponsor given our great form, excellent FTA coverage and marketable players such as Smith and Bontempelli. We are the only club in the competition in this position and our commercial partnership team, CEO and President have to lift their game as this is pathetic.
    We know it's a tough economy at present, but it isn't good enough to be in this position when we're one of the most marketable teams at present with a favorable fixture ahead in terms of prime time exposure.

Given our previous back of jumper sponsor fell in their lap it's time for the team to lift their game.

15. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post

It's a bit embarrassing we're at the point that our commercial chief is actively prospecting for a sponsor via social media, like we have no genuine leads ready to be closed. We should be preparing to make a huge announcement of a long term sponsor ahead of our 2 Friday night games in a row, not feebly tweeting out into the void hoping for a bite.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Prince Imperial liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's a bit embarrassing we're at the point that our commercial chief is actively prospecting for a sponsor via social media, like we have no genuine leads ready to be closed. We should be preparing to make a huge announcement of a long term sponsor ahead of our 2 Friday night games in a row, not feebly tweeting out into the void hoping for a bite.
    It does seem a little desperate unfortunately. I expect this if we are struggling not when we are flying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I’ve always thought Kogan would be a good sponsor for us. Online retail, focussed on affordable products. Listed company, huge growth.
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/k...egister-2020-2