Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  202
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future sponsorship?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Yeah it's just another investment option that, like all investments, carries its own risk. Not much different to people mortgaging $1mil plus homes on small deposits with the risk of interest rates going up in the future. I personally won't dabble in cryptocurrency because I'm risk averse but it certainly isn't a form of gambling. The lack of regulation is not much different to what financial and property markets had 10 years ago or even have now.

My only concern is how CoinSpot was the best option for our back of jumper sponsor. Was this the best we could get?
    You would have to think it was the best we could get for this year. Nothing ventured I guess
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's just another investment option that, like all investments, carries its own risk. Not much different to people mortgaging $1mil plus homes on small deposits with the risk of interest rates going up in the future. I personally won't dabble in cryptocurrency because I'm risk averse but it certainly isn't a form of gambling. The lack of regulation is no different to what financial and property markets had 10 years ago or even have now.

My only concern is how CoinSpot was the best option for our back of jumper sponsor. Was this the best we could get?
    Yes I feel the same.
    There is a tinge, a wee tad of desperation about it, and seems like it might be short term.
    Mercedes to a Crypto exchange...
    But revenue is revenue I guess, we were losing money every week without a sponsor.

Post Thanks / Like

Given we are almost halfway through the season I am guessing our options were limited.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes I feel the same.
    There is a tinge, a wee tad of desperation about it, and seems like it might be short term.
    Mercedes to a Crypto exchange...
    But revenue is revenue I guess, we were losing money every week without a sponsor.
    If it was a stockbroking company would you be concerned?

I can't believe the word gambling has been mentioned in this thread. This is not gambling.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I can't believe the word gambling has been mentioned in this thread. This is not gambling.
    It's a good question bad. Probably not to be honest. I guess it's the unknowns around Crypto and the volatility (see BTC this week) that raises a wee concern.
    Nothing major I'm happy with it.

Although it's volatile its been on the up for a while now.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a good question bad. Probably not to be honest. I guess it's the unknowns around Crypto and the volatility (see BTC this week) that raises a wee concern.
    Nothing major I'm happy with it.
    As long as they pay up the sponsorship money.

A few years ago another company involved in credit/lending sponsored us and went belly up and didn't pay the outstanding sponsorship money. That is all I would be worried about.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My favourite part is that they put the photo description over the top of the new sponsor logo

Last edited by Grantysghost; 21-05-2021 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Nonsensical grammar.

Post Thanks / Like

A few years ago another company involved in credit/lending sponsored us and went belly up and didn't pay the outstanding sponsorship money. That is all I would be worried about.
    Given they make their money from trades, rises and falls in the market shouldn't have any major effect on their bottom line. They have been around since 2013 and crypto is only growing in popularity. At a quick glance they seem like a solid company.

Post Thanks / Like

My favourite part is that put the photo description over the top of the new sponsor logo

The Astronaught gets a rocket on his back. Synergy.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a better shot

14. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by axe man View Post
    the astronaught gets a rocket on his back. Synergy.
    to the moon ������
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes WBFC4FFC, Grantysghost, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    to the moon ������
    Apes together strong.

18. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean it is gambling but in the same way any investment on the stock market is a gamble. As long as they aren't offering credit and doing that shit the gambling industry does to bleed people dry I don't have any issue with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...58571851ba1a0a

Still, I'm disappointed that we went with this critical space being unfilled for nine matches (of which seven were on Free to Air and four were Friday night) with the team absolutely flying only to now secure a short term sponsorship until the end of year. No other AFL clubs were in this situation and from my observation of the NRL none of their clubs were in this position either.

Obviously, I don't know the dollars, but this saga is not impressive at all from the club's management.