Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  202
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future sponsorship?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Given we're not replacing a major sponsor and just adding Mercedes to the overall mix, the deal is just gravy in terms of revenue.

Where should we spend the extra cash?
    On me, I think I deserve it!

Scoreboard at WO, and upgrades to attendee facilities and players facilities. Make it the stand out boutique AFLW venue, more AFEL pre-season games for various clubs, try to get VFL finals there and anything else we can get a hold of. Then we've got venue hire, tickets, food & grog sales etc.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we can count on photo opportunities with Lewis Hamilton once a year too. Nice PR.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    On me, I think I deserve it!

Scoreboard at WO, and upgrades to attendee facilities and players facilities. Make it the stand out boutique AFLW venue, more AFEL pre-season games for various clubs, try to get VFL finals there and anything else we can get a hold of. Then we've got venue hire, tickets, food & grog sales etc.
    I also think more investment should be made in WO and the VFL set up in general.

Would a live stream with commentary be too much to ask each week? Or even just at every Whitten Oval game?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm always into our facilities manager about a scoreboard , he must be sick of hearing it !
    I was at the Melton v Melton Sth game they had a nice little digital scoreboard, can't be that much of a cost.
    And also being a council owned venue wouldn't they put some money into it too ?
    Don't we only have a 2 mil debt now ? If so that will be gone at the end of the year.
    Will be interesting to see what our cut of the AFL profit is with the AFL taking over Etihad and the new player EBA.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I'm always into our facilities manager about a scoreboard , he must be sick of hearing it !
    I was at the Melton v Melton Sth game they had a nice little digital scoreboard, can't be that much of a cost.
    And also being a council owned venue wouldn't they put some money into it too ?
    Don't we only have a 2 mil debt now ? If so that will be gone at the end of the year.
    Will be interesting to see what our cut of the AFL profit is with the AFL taking over Etihad and the new player EBA.
    No doubt the debt is bulldozed finally. Hopefully we can't make some shrewd investments to generate new income streams to help us long term. No more Edgewater nooses.

Post Thanks / Like

I know there's timing issues, but since the GF we've moved to Asics as the apparel sponsor, renewed the Mission major sponsorship, got Powercor on board for community programs sponsorship, picked up PCU and now Mercedes as bigger sponsors. That's an excellent 7 months in anyone's language for those charged with making the club sponsorship money.

7. Likes WBFC4FFC, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know there's timing issues, but since the GF we've moved to Asics as the apparel sponsor, renewed the Mission major sponsorship, got Origin on board for community programs sponsorship, picked up PCU and now Mercedes as bigger sponsors. That's an excellent 7 months in anyone's language for those charged with making the club sponsorship money.
    Is that Gary Kent ?
    He wasn't a guy with the high profile like the last .. Seems to be doing the position well though.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt the debt is bulldozed finally.
    According to Peter, Net Debt will be erased by end of year.

Net debt can be expressed as a metric that indicates the overall debt situation of a company by netting the value of the liabilities and debts of a company along with its cash and other similar liquid assets. To put it simple, net debt refers to the total debtof a company minus cash on hand.
    However, that doesn't mean we don't still have bank loans.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Is that Gary Kent ?
    He wasn't a guy with the high profile like the last .. Seems to be doing the position well though.
    David Stephenson takes credit for the Asics sponsorship on his Linkedin page which does seem likely given these things are often signed and negotiated well in advance.

The Whitten Oval needs a scoreboard, more powerful lights and permanent toilet facilities. Hopefully with women's football and other matches we can get further funding from the state and local governments and AFL for this but we may need to chip in some of the money.

Post Thanks / Like

Feels like we have just upgraded from a clapped out 84 Ford Econovan. Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    David Stephenson takes credit for the Asics sponsorship on his Linkedin page which does seem likely given these things are often signed and negotiated well in advance.

The Whitten Oval needs a scoreboard, more powerful lights and permanent toilet facilities. Hopefully with women's football and other matches we can get further funding from the state and local governments and AFL for this but we may need to chip in some of the money.
    Upgraded toilet facilities is spot on. Ends up in a disgraceful state after a VFL match.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Yes I knew that, but I presume the ones after that are Garys work.

Not sure if you have been to whitten oval lately but the lights are new and they only turn on what's needed , I believe they can turn them fully on and brighter if needed.
    Also have had concrete laid around the ground and no more walking on wet stone dust when it rains .. Things are getting done don't worry, but I agree The scoreboard should be the main concern, it's a little embarrassing when inter clubs play there and see it .
    Personally I wish we built the new one as close as possible to what the old one looked like but with LED scores . That was an iconic symbol of history at the club.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like a reduction in poker machine numbers representative of the annual return of the sponsorship.

It's a long shot, but those things are no good.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd like a reduction in poker machine numbers representative of the annual return of the sponsorship.

They're evil. But didn't we just write off all our Pokies licence rights last financial year from Edgewater, so in effect our numbers would be much lower?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Agreed. They fly in the face of our claim to be a "community club".

And don't get me started about the AFL and normalising punting on the game.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!