Thanks Thanks:  47
Likes Likes:  202
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Future sponsorship?

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd like a reduction in poker machine numbers representative of the annual return of the sponsorship.

It's a long shot, but those things are no good.
    I think the AFL is getting clubs to get rid of them, it's all a bit suspect . They claim it's no good but Sportsbet isn't.
    I'm not into all this political betting and gambling thing but it seems the afl/government tells you it's all no good but advertise it and have sportsbet as A major sponsor . All about the money . Hypocrites? Sure are.
    Obviously the afl make more money and have more control with Sportsbet than they do with clubs having pokies.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Not sure if you have been to whitten oval lately but the lights are new and they only turn on what's needed , I believe they can turn them fully on and brighter if needed.
    They had to bring in additional temporary lighting structures for the women's matches (no doubt at considerable cost) for the matches to be broadcast.

I attended the Werribee match and found it pretty dark and difficult to see the play - if they can make the existing ones brighter, I wish they would!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daughter of the West View Post
    Agreed. They fly in the face of our claim to be a "community club".

And don't get me started about the AFL and normalising punting on the game.
    GAMBLE GAMBLE GAMBLE GAMBLE GAMBLE responsibly

4. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    They had to bring in additional temporary lighting structures for the women's matches (no doubt at considerable cost) for the matches to be broadcast.

I attended the Werribee match and found it pretty dark and difficult to see the play - if they can make the existing ones brighter, I wish they would!
    The game was fine last week and it was a 7 pm start.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think the AFL is getting clubs to get rid of them, it's all a bit suspect . They claim it's no good but Sportsbet isn't.
    I'm not into all this political betting and gambling thing but it seems the afl/government tells you it's all no good but advertise it and have sportsbet as A major sponsor . All about the money . Hypocrites? Sure are.
    Obviously the afl make more money and have more control with Sportsbet than they do with clubs having pokies.
    From a government perspective they'll never tell you how much of the tax revenue from ciggies, booze and gambling is spent on the ills those industries cause within society. There's a good reason for that.

I personally view our improved circumstances as an opportunity to reinforce our values as the community club. As DOTW points out, this is our moniker and we need to do all we can to enforce its relevance.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Just on the gaming front, the club has now sold off all of the unused 65 gaming machine entitlements that were slated for Edgewater.

In total 320k has been paid for them by other operators, which whilst only being a small fraction of what we paid for them from the state government, is inline with the 324k value they were listed as being in our last financial statements.

https://www.vcgr.vic.gov.au/CA256F80...8?OpenDocument

8. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Murphy'sLore, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd like a reduction in poker machine numbers representative of the annual return of the sponsorship.

It's a long shot, but those things are no good.
    Any access to the amount of revenue that these generate?

If it's less than the amount of sponsorship dollars then I'd be all for a significant reduction, if not just nixing them totally. I know this is not feasible.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Sherridon at home with the Bulldogs

The Western Bulldogs are proud to announce a brand-new partnership with Victorian home builder, Sherridon Homes.

Sherridon Homes is a locally owned and operated company with over 40 years of experience in the new homes industry, which aims to create stylish, versatile, flexible and affordable homes.

The company has developed a strong footprint in the north and western suburbs of Melbourne, in Ballarat, and in the state’s south-east.

Sherridon Homes will become a platinum partner of the Bulldogs, and their brand will appear on the Club’s official media backdrop and match-day signage.

“We’re excited to partner with such a dynamic, local organisation which shares a similarly strong connection to the community as the Western Bulldogs do,” said Bulldogs’ CEO Ameet Bains.

“Both the Bulldogs and Sherridon homes have a strong focus on supporting the people of the west, and we look forward to working together to create a robust and sustainable relationship.”

Sherridon Homes will be the official match-day partner for the Bulldogs’ Round 3 clash with the Gold Coast Suns at Marvel Stadium.

“Sherridon Homes has a strong connection and foundation in providing communities in the western suburbs with quality and affordable homes,” said General Manager of Sherridon Homes, Simon Mandragona.

“We saw a great synergy between the partnership of Western Bulldogs and Sherridon homes. Both parties, along with all local residents and fans, will benefit from the relationship.

“It makes perfect sense to align ourselves with a proudly western based football club that shares similar values when it comes to a sense of community and bringing people together
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ain't no problem getting more money. Another good get.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive addition to our club sponsor's. We've done exceptionally well over a number of years now. Well done by the club management.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.

Post Thanks / Like

We have no debt I believe so it’s all just making the club stronger , we could very well become a very rich and prosperous club in the near future.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Impressive addition to our club sponsor's. We've done exceptionally well over a number of years now. Well done by the club management.
    Pasquale is a big supporter of the club. Good on him for putting his hand in his pocket. Nice guy too.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/n...ancake-parlour

Bulldogs expand partnership with The Pancake Parlour

The Pancake Parlour has extended its partnership with the Western Bulldogs for a further three years.
    One of the Club’s foundation AFLW partners, The Pancake Parlour will continue its support of the Club’s women’s football program until at least the end of 2022.
    It will see the partnership expand from the AFLW program, to also include support of the VFLW program and a grassroots relationship with the Western Region Football League.
    “The Pancake Parlour have been with us from the very start of our AFLW journey, and we are delighted to have them on board for another three years,” said Western Bulldogs CEO Ameet Bains.
    “Our women’s football program has grown exponentially from its beginnings in 2017, and is now a wide-reaching program that includes AFLW and VFLW programs, and a commitment to grow the game and create opportunities at grassroots level for female players.
    “Investment in women’s football is vitally important, and the support of The Pancake Parlour has enabled our Club to build a strong and successful foundation in this space.
    “We are excited that The Pancake Parlour has not only recommitted, but extended its partnership beyond AFLW into our entire women’s program, and are looking forward to our strong relationship continuing to grow.”
    READ WHAT GOODREVIEW.COM.AU HAD TO SAY ABOUT THE PANCAKE PARLOUR
    The Pancake Parlour's Managing Director, Mandy David, said they were excited to continue to support the Bulldogs and women’s sport.

"We've seen enormous growth from the debut of this wonderful initiative. AFLW has turned dreams into reality and inspired women everywhere. It’s so much more than a game of football,” David said.

"We’re beyond excited to see what the next three years has in store for our partnership. We cannot wait to share some of the new community and grassroots initiatives that will come to fruition over the next period, as well as a new Pancake Parlour out in the west (District Docklands) where we expect to see our beloved Doggies fans.
    "The Western Bulldogs play a major role in the community in the western region of Melbourne, encouraging diversity and a voice for all involved. We are proud to carry that voice alongside them, inspiring our fans of tomorrow."

20. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC, Remi Moses liked this post