Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  72
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mac Avaney madness

Quote Originally Posted by redders70 View Post
    Didn't Tim Lane also commentate on 10 with Qtrmain and Walls?
    And insisted his daughter be given a role too. Which is why we had several years of having the English language mangled every week in the vein attempt at producing a coherent sentence.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Bruce was pretty poor this year. He was better after the Olympics but he was a cliche machine early in the season.

Rex had a good Grand Final call I thought. lve said before I like that one of the callers calls us Footscray. It's nice for the FNWB brigade.
    I like Rex he gets lots of names wrong though. He makes up for this with his passion. His Jerry Stringer call during the GF was a bit lame. Had a good call though. His Prelim call was good I thought.

As for BT he really needs to settle down on the Stringer thing he's got going.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I like Rex he gets lots of names wrong though. He makes up for this with his passion. His Jerry Stringer call during the GF was a bit lame. Had a good call though. His Prelim call was good I thought.

As for BT he really needs to settle down on the Stringer thing he's got going.
    Not to big on Rex, honestly if you are listening to his commentary you have Buckley's trying to work out who has the ball or where it is.
    Lame is an understatement for his Springer call, it Stringer not Springer for $%^# sake.
    Not sure Rex would like us all applying rhyming slang to his surname too much, on a plus you could use the classic Python line Silly Bunt.
    I do enjoy his fishing show though.

It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching the replays it drove me insane that Bruce Macavaney consistently referred to Hamling as 'Hambling' right up until the GF! Grr!

Oh well it doesn't matter any more, that's Freo's problem now

6. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Watching the replays it drove me insane that Bruce Macavaney consistently referred to Hamling as 'Hambling' right up until the GF! Grr!

Oh well it doesn't matter any more, that's Freo's problem now
    I watched the replay on the Sunday and it did annoy me.

Now 2 months later he is still getting it wrong, every I watch it. How long does it take him???
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

8. Likes Murphy'sLore, Topdog liked this post