Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How bad are Pies fans?

I don't mind a bit of banter between the spectators so I don't really rate anyone as bad. Probably the worst ones from my memory were the Fitzroy supporters. It might have been that they could see the club slipping away from them but they took everything personally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    If Richo had played for another team he would be an all-time great with 1000+ goals.

*Assuming the team he did play for could teach him to kick.
    His goal kicking accuracy (63% as a guess?) compares well with most key forwards, it's just that Richo always cops more bad press because he is, well.... Richo.

He would have easily kicked 1000 goals or more with just basic AFL standard delivery into the F50, of which Richo has seen little of during his career at the Tigers.
    Maybe Richmond fans bag him out bcause he shows real passion on the field, and it make the rest of the [Clinton Casey's property developer squad] team look bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    His goal kicking accuracy (63% as a guess?) compares well with most key forwards, it's just that Richo always cops more bad press because he is, well.... Richo.
    I remeber reading once that Richo's accuracy was about the same as most forwards until you include misses. I believe Richo has more complete misses than any other player since they started taking down the stat - and by a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs 24/7 View Post
    Richo is one of the players that I really enjoy watching. Body language isn't flash but I would have had him at the Dogs in a heart beat if a decent deal could have been struck
    Same, I always enjoy watching Richo play, tends to get a little frustrated but I guess playing for Richmond would do that. Seriously though, like you I wouldn't have minded seeing him jump ship and come to the Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah, Pie supporters can be okay. I remember going to the 06 Elimination Final with a knockabout Magpie mate. He was pretty gracious in defeat, even though we had $100 riding on the result. The clincher for me was the 'wake' at a local watering hole. It was full of Collingwood supporters, and I could not believe the good will. To a man, they warmly congratulated me (as if I had anything to do with it!!), and the common theme was, "If we had to get beaten, we're happy it was to the dogs. Kick arse next week." It was like some sort of weird parallel universe. Feel the love!!

Then again, the worst ever experience I have had at the football came one Saturday night, I think about 2000, when we played the Magpies at the Dome. My girlfriend and I had the displeasure of sitting in front some toothless old hag, who needled at us all night with hackneyed, mean-spirited garbage. We'd done nothing at all to provoke this woman. It got to the stage where she started hitting us in the head with her Collingwood flag as she waved it after every Magpie goal. You can be sure that when Huddo slotted the winning goal in the dying minute, I gave my victory roar just that little bit more venom.
    Crumbs!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't mind the pies.

Saying that - at the elimination final the bloke sitting next to me happened to be a Collingwood supporter who kept elbowing me, every time we kicked a goal.

In the end I acted like a feral and told him that if he elbowed me again, I was going to shove my drink bottle up his nose. He didn't do it again.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Max469 View Post
    Don't mind the pies.

Saying that - at the elimination final the bloke sitting next to me happened to be a Collingwood supporter who kept elbowing me, every time we kicked a goal.

In the end I acted like a feral and told him that if he elbowed me again, I was going to shove my drink bottle up his nose. He didn't do it again.
    Hmmmm, looks like you scared the living daylights out of him Max - good for you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Hmmmm, looks like you scared the living daylights out of him Max - good for you.

Ha ha, at least it worked.

Some supporters will do anything to remind you who they follow - my boss who is a mad Pies supporter --just had to sign my newly acquired cast (I fell over and fractured my left wrist on Wednesday) in Bright Pink Texta - Hot Pies - 2008 Premiers.

No Class
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, at least it worked.

Some supporters will do anything to remind you who they follow - my boss who is a mad Pies supporter --just had to sign my newly acquired cast (I fell over and fractured my left wrist on Wednesday) in Bright Pink Texta - Hot Pies - 2008 Premiers.

No Class
    Get well soon nothing worse than having a cast - and not much fun with a fractured wrist...been there done that many years ago when I used to play netball.

I hope you scribbled that out or better still just write over ( or get someone else) to try and remove the miers out of Premiers and replace it with Pretenders that should get a reaction out of your boss. ( Use some Liquid Paper )

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your kind wishes.

Pretenders - that is the way to go, will try that later today.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your kind wishes.
    Anytime, how long do you have to keep the cast on - about 6 weeks? Let us know how you go with the boss when he sees the alteration to his declaration on your cast.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, 6 weeks at this stage. Have to see an Ortho this week (maybe) so he can see the xrays and take it from there.

Going to work today - I am sure the boss's face will be priceless.
    He is a good man - he will laugh - eventually.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Anytime, how long do you have to keep the cast on - about 6 weeks? Let us know how you go with the boss when he sees the alteration to his declaration on your cast.

I told him that someone changed it for him - when he asked who changed it - I said "me".

He thought it funny. He is a great boss.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I told him that someone changed it for him - when he asked who changed it - I said "me".

He thought it funny. He is a great boss.
    See he has a sense of humour. Collingwood supporters they are not all bad! Actually, I haven't met one nasty one in all my football going life.

Post Thanks / Like

See he has a sense of humour. Collingwood supporters they are not all bad! Actually, I haven't met one nasty one in all my football going life.
    You have not met my brother.

Actually, I worked in their social club for 3 seasons. Worked the night they won the 1990 G F - they are okay.

Every team has feral supporters.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue