Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  44
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Harley Bennell.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Harley Bennell.

Hate to be cold water, we have no main list spots for him and we have no rookie list spots for him. We have picks 13 & 53 and no way either are used on him. So this thread is now a theoretical exercise unless someone up and quits our club.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Reckon we've done our DD and come to the conclusion that calf is fooked.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Hate to be cold water, we have no main list spots for him and we have no rookie list spots for him. We have picks 13 & 53 and no way either are used on him. So this thread is now a theoretical exercise unless someone up and quits our club.
    BT, have we committed to elevate one of our rookies to the main list that I’ve missed reading about?

I had assumed that we still had 3 live picks in the Nat Draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    BT, have we committed to elevate one of our rookies to the main list that I’ve missed reading about?

I had assumed that we still had 3 live picks in the Nat Draft.
    We have now contracted 5 rookies for 2020 and only have 4 rookie spots. Math says one of them must be elevated.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We have now contracted 5 rookies for 2020 and only have 4 rookie spots. Math says one of them must be elevated.
    Do you know the rookie status of Sweet and Khamis for 2020 BT? Haven’t heard anything from the Club.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know the rookie status of Sweet and Khamis for 2020 BT? Haven’t heard anything from the Club.
    Yep. Khamis got 2 years last year. Another member has detailed all that to me. Sweet signed on when Porter signed on for a year extension, from memory it was a joint media release. La Young extended in March. Roarke & Gardner extended today.

7. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is possible to stay 1 short on the main list and have an additional rookie. I think we did that for 2015.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    It is possible to stay 1 short on the main list and have an additional rookie. I think we did that for 2015.
    We are obliged to pick a minimum of 3 in the National Draft which might include elevating a rookie this year. I can’t see how we could go short in the main list as we’re chock a block.

Post Thanks / Like

We are obliged to pick a minimum of 3 in the National Draft which might include elevating a rookie this year. I can’t see how we could go short in the main list as we’re chock a block.
    Are we obliged to pick 3 on draft night or simply have 3 spots available?

Post Thanks / Like

Can you tell me what Harley has done in that 4 years.
    When Bennell has got on the park he is dynamic. When Smith has got on the park he is - ordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

Are we obliged to pick 3 on draft night or simply have 3 spots available?
    My understanding is 3 spots need to be completed on the night, that may include an upgrade or two
    In our position it should be two draft selections and one upgrade
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Doc there is a quite informative thread stuck to the top of the Bulldogs Unleashed Board called Player Contract Status that lists all the current player contract terms.

It is up to date other than Khamis (next year hasn't been officially reported by the club yet) and Smith and Gardner (website is giving me an error any not allowing me to edit the post for some reason).

14. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    When Bennell has got on the park he is dynamic. When Smith has got on the park he is - ordinary.
    Bennell has basically not got on the park (except for 2 games) in 4 years. The ship has sailed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Doc there is a quite informative thread stuck to the top of the Bulldogs Unleashed Board called Player Contract Status that lists all the current player contract terms.

It is up to date other than Khamis (next year hasn't been officially reported by the club yet) and Smith and Gardner (website is giving me an error any not allowing me to edit the post for some reason).
    According to Footwire: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...s--buku-khamis his contract runs out 2019

Based on other players status, it is up to date. See here also for all players by year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    According to Footwire: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...s--buku-khamis his contract runs out 2019

Based on other players status, it is up to date. See here also for all players by year.
    I won't go into detail, but a very good source (I trust) says Khamis was actually given two years last year. The public info on these websites will default to one year as the standard rookie contract. It's simply that they don't have the info.

I'd bet the farm that will use Picks 13 & 53, La Young upgraded (over Pick 89) - no rookie draft picks or SSP.

18. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post