Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Name A Game (Off Season Trivia Game)

Well....am guessing it was our club's money. Hint, the coach at the time used to break phones a lot.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Well....am guessing it was our club's money. Hint, the coach at the time used to break phones a lot.
    If it's Eade but before Smith started coaching, so maybe 2011. I think it was about mid year, maybe round 12. I think it's an Etihad game. Can't remember the opponent.

Round 12, 2011, Etihad, St Kilda?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Very close! Round 13 2011 V Crows. Rohan Smith spent too much time on the field. Pretty stiff fine if you ask me.
    Tragic I would not want to go head to head with you at a Bulldogs trivia night.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Very close! Round 13 2011 V Crows. Rohan Smith spent too much time on the field. Pretty stiff fine if you ask me.
    Tragic I would not want to go head to head with you at a Bulldogs trivia night.
    Why, I wasn't right . But thanks for the compliment.

I might jump in again.

NAG: Brad Johnson kicked a goal from point blank range and fell backwards straight down in the goal square celebrating. A close win to the dogs in the 2000's.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Why, I wasn't right . But thanks for the compliment.

I might jump in again.

NAG: Brad Johnson kicked a goal from point blank range and fell backwards straight down in the goal square celebrating. A close win to the dogs in the 2000's.
    Yeah but you were very close.
    I know it was Crows. I can remember their jumpers in the replay....I think?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but you were very close.
    I know it was Crows. I can remember their jumpers in the replay....I think?
    Yes the crows.

Post Thanks / Like

Round 1 2008 his 300th game and that was his 5th and the sealer. Never forget it.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Round 1 2008 his 300th game and that was his 5th and the sealer. Never forget it.
    We have the winner here. You're up one eyed doggie.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going to Google it. I seem to recall we were wearing one of our ugly Robodog jumpers in the diamond shape. Maybe it was a centenary jumper. Is that right?

Post Thanks / Like

Similar era, we hand Richmond a belting I've never forgotten winning by over 100 points.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Round 1, 2002, Etihad, Richmond. Matty Boyd kicks my equal favourite goal of all time. I always get the year mixed up though.

Post Thanks / Like

You have again re. year - it's too early. Round is right.

Post Thanks / Like

2003?

Post Thanks / Like

Nah we were crap back then. It was the onset of our charge - 06.

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nah we were crap back then. It was the onset of our charge - 06.
    I don't know why I keep thinking that opening round was before the Rawlings debut first game... But I do!

NAG: I'm from the mid 1990's. I was at our true home ground. I was packed to the absolute rafters. The game is remembered for a throw of sorts.