Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  60
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs bring in AFL to investigate 'leak' to Adelaide Crows

What are the odds the findings are released tomorrow?
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth (very little I would suggest) Liam Pickering told SEN on Thursday afternoon he believed the investigation would be over in the very near future and his client would escape sanction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    What are the odds the findings are released tomorrow?
    It would be better stage managed than that, they've got plenty of practice at this stuff. At least next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe part of our intention was in part to make sure Adelaide didn't get him free of charge after they took the info.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes N/A, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL to release findings of probe on Talia brothers over 'information sharing'

The AFL is expected to soon release an outcome from the investigation into the "information sharing" accusations surrounding brothers Michael and Daniel Talia.

A verdict is close to being delivered after a long investigation was held up because key figures had been overseas at stages during the 35-day probe, delaying their interviews.

The investigation has centred on whether former Western Bulldog Michael Talia provided "game sensitive" information to his older brother - Adelaide defender Daniel Talia - in the lead up to the Crows-Dogs elimination final, which the Crows won by seven points.

Part of the allegations are whether Talia passed on tactical information to his brother about explosive Bulldogs forward Jake Stringer.

The AFL confirmed on Sunday that the investigation and been ongoing since the Dogs asked the AFL's integrity unit to investigate the claims and that a result would be "wrapped up soon".

Talia, who did not play in the elimination final against Adelaide, was traded by the Dogs to Sydney on the final day of the trade and free agency period last week.

The Dogs called for the AFL to act after first conducting their own investigation into information they had received about a conversation between the two brothers in the week before the final.

Through a statement from the AFL Players Association in late September, the Talia brothers "categorically denied any wrongdoing"."From the perspective of the players, this is nothing more than two brothers having a general conversation about football as they do every other week," the statement said.

Michael Talia's manager, Liam Pickering, has said he believed the outcome of the investigation would be "positive for the boys" and that the controversy had been "extremely unfair" on his client and his family.

The Bulldogs have conceded that they do not believe the alleged matter had "any material bearing on the result" but still believed the AFL needed to investigate the claims.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Now the first lesson for you kids is this, if you complain to the authorities they will do less than nothing. So the absolute moral here is, never raise complaints to the authorities can sprout how great they are.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I asked a journo mate of mine about thus a few weeks ago. "There's nothing in it"

Post Thanks / Like

So a massive over reaction by us that's cost us KPD depth that we lack.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Reasonable chance lack of depth in that area would've persisted with Talia in our colours or not.

Just as interested in the club's response to the findings as the findings themselves.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

Happy to see him in Sydney colours. He doesn't deserve the honour and the privilege of wearing the red, white and blue. He can *!*!*!*! right off to play for his plastic club and live with the knowledge of why he doesn't get to play for the club his family grew up barracking for.

He can take his KPD talents and shove them up his clacker. He is dead to us. I can't even bring myself to say his name.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes G-Mo77, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on a journos view? I'm sorry if I don't take the word of a journo any more seriously than a bloke on the train. I don't hear Mark Robinson speak and think to myself, "this guy really knows his stuff, I'm convinced now".

The AFL will find nothing because the AFL wants to find nothing, that's the way it operates, everything is orchestrated around its desired outcome. It doesn't mean us making a stand was wrong. As for Talia and his KPD abilities, I'd rather make Bailey Dale play tall.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Based on a journos view? I'm sorry if I don't take the word of a journo any more seriously than a bloke on the train. I don't hear Mark Robinson speak and think to myself, "this guy really knows his stuff, I'm convinced now".

The AFL will find nothing because the AFL wants to find nothing, that's the way it operates, everything is orchestrated around its desired outcome. It doesn't mean us making a stand was wrong. As for Talia and his KPD abilities, I'd rather make Bailey Dale play tall.

Doing the right thing often comes at a cost. That doesn't mean we shouldn't do it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

15. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who said anything about Robbo?

I was just responding to Throughandthrough.

Still waiting to find out what exactly Talia did or said, do we know yet?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Who said anything about Robbo?

I was just responding to Throughandthrough.

Still waiting to find out what exactly Talia did or said, do we know yet?
    Robbo- Is a journo. In fact a very senior journo, he's also a complete cretin. So is John Ralph, So is Mick Warner etc etc. I would give a journo's view on anything about as much weighting as something I'd read on social media.

The club is the only people that know what was said with any certainty, and I doubt they'll be releasing it publicly. You can be sure the AFL will find nothing, regardless of what they find out.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

I live in China. The AFL operates in a very similar way to government here. Behind closed doors, secretly with their own agendas.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus