Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  60
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs bring in AFL to investigate 'leak' to Adelaide Crows

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Caro is the unofficial mouthpiece of the AFL, so take it to the bank that there will be no sanctions
    Yeah - her "Gillo Mac has left his legacy on the AFL"so soon in his tenure raised my eyebrows. I don't mind her having a bash at Essendon, but she drags up old and irrelevant points all the time, just sounds shrill. Tokyo Rose of the AFL.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Who are we talking about?

Is his name Daniel or something?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is his name Daniel or something?
    I thought it was Jenny?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I thought it was Jenny?
    nah - Benedict Arnold
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of me is just thankful that we didn't end up being sanctioned for "allowing" the information to be leaked in the 1st place.

I was dreading a statement from the AFL along the lines of....

"The Adelaide Football Club, and players Michael and Daniel Talia have been found to have done nothing wrong. The Western Bulldogs football club have been found guilty of a lack of governance in allowing the disclosure of vital match day information that was used to influence the outcome of an AFL game. As a consequence the Bulldogs will be stripped of 40 premiership points in each of the seasons 2016 to 2020 inclusive".
    Footscray member since 1980.

7. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There will always be that uncertainty between the Talia brothers and their Grandfather and it will slam them right in the eyes everytime they look at him. Unfortunate for Harvey but immortal punishment for Michael and Daniel.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Being honest, did we expect anything more from the AFL? Don't get me wrong, it's BS of the highest order but they've met my low expectation of them so i'm not too perturbed. When you have no to low expectations of the AFL, it's a fair bit easier to process. Either way, the club strongly believed he did it and sent him packing to another club which wasn't his intended destination. We cut out the cancer and made a point of the importance of loyalty between the other boys. That's a win for setting standards internally.
    In light of what is happening internationally in sport and what has happened in regards the AFL over recent years, sweeping this under the carpet is pretty short sighted. Sport generally is corrupt - cheating is endemic (ie diving in football; drugs in cycling/athletics etc; bribes by host cities etc; cricketers taking bribes from gamblers to throw games). Given how close the game was, I think the AFL needs to do better. Both Talia's should serve a suspension of some kind - maybe the pre-season competition - and The Crowes should be fined.