Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  60
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs bring in AFL to investigate 'leak' to Adelaide Crows

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Maybe Adelaide planned this with him and that way they get him cheap ?
    Stephen Trigg isn't there anymore

Post Thanks / Like

It's hard to know what the club will get out of this.

3. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I have a few questions
    1 was it just innocent chat to mum, some footballers love footy and talk it all the time.
    2 if Talia wasn't in the team why would he be in the team plan meeting surely only the players playing would be told I imagine.
    3 did it make a difference , seriously we lost that game ourselves.
    4 is this just reporting something because when you hear something like this you have to report it to the integrity board
    5 is this the media blowing it up bigger than it is ?
    6 haven't we offered him a two year contract and he hasn't got back to us yet ?
    7 if the media has named him do we have other people who leak stuff to the press? Something we pride ourselves of not doing ?
    They'd have been preparing from Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning once recovery was done and it would have involved the whole team - or at least those with a reasonable chance of being selected.

By Thursday night we'd have been pretty set in what we were going to be doing on the night, meaning the team named would have only one or two meetings left before the game started.

I'd suggest the two year deal won't be accepted by Talia now. Irrespective of whether the team would forgive him, I don't think he'd be OK with facing them.

He seems to be quite naive. Whether it be his pissing and moaning about not playing enough senior footy, or the silly things he does on the field to this. He needs to grow up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    If that's the case the parents should be ashamed of themselves
    What have the parents got to do with it? Ahh they may have leaked it got it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    It's hard to know what the club will get out of this.
    If it turns out that Adelaide were knowingly in receipt of inside information, used the information without declaring it, and that Talia has become effectively untradeable, I think we could mount a reasonable case that Adelaide should be penalised their first round draft pick (at least) and we should receive that pick.

7. Likes hujsh, G-Mo77, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck proving that.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    If it turns out that Adelaide were knowingly in receipt of inside information, used the information without declaring it, and that Talia has become effectively untradeable, I think we could mount a reasonable case that Adelaide should be penalised their first round draft pick (at least) and we should receive that pick.
    What rule has been breached by either party though? Is it bringing the game into disrepute? They would argue we made it public. It's not like there's insider trading laws on team tactics.

I like your reasoning but that's a big precedent for the AFL to set. Their style is more 'mediate' on the trade to Adelaide that see Talia get there and we get pick 14 for a swap of maybe the second or third rounder. (14 to 29). Or they threaten to block the trade like they did with Tippett and screw him and the club that willingly took the info. We would need to hold off the full investigation until at or after trade weeks. I could live with that. Equally seeing him at Carlton OR northern Blues fighting it out with Liam is fine too.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to know how we should judge this at the moment. The information currently is highly speculative but of course potentially damning.

I'm going to wait until more information is shared before forming an opinion.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hard to know how we should judge this at the moment. The information currently is highly speculative but of course potentially damning.

Let's hear the truth before we hang and quarter someone.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    What rule has been breached by either party though? Is it bringing the game into disrepute? They would argue we made it public. It's not like there's insider trading laws on team tactics.

I like your reasoning but that's a big precedent for the AFL to set. Their style is more 'mediate' on the trade to Adelaide that see Talia get there and we get pick 14 for a swap of maybe the second or third rounder. (14 to 29). Or they threaten to block the trade like they did with Tippett and screw him and the club that willingly took the info. We would need to hold off the full investigation until at or after trade weeks. I could live with that. Equally seeing him at Carlton OR northern Blues fighting it out with Liam is fine too.
    A scenario that springs to mind which isn't exactly the same but has the same vibe to it is the 2007 Spygate controversy which the Patriots got in strife over. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_N...ng_controversy

Its the whole bringing the game into disrepute angle. The alleged behaviour puts at risk the possibility of a fair and honest competition (which we don;t have anyway because of the way the AFL runs the League, but lets take competition as the single game.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Let's hear the truth before we hang and quarter someone.
    With the ramifications for media, trade, image, the player, our players etc. do you think the club would refer something trivial to the AFL Integrity Office and then have the CEO release an official statement? We'd have to be very confident they will side with us to take this course.

Bob seemed annoyed by his laconic terms and said Bevo was upset. Indicated the leak may have impacted the result.

We are not going to get specifics any time soon. On the balance of the above, common sense to me at least says our club is hurting and we are very upset and that if we were not confident of the outcome we wouldn't gamble a lot on such a big move. That's enough for me.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    With the ramifications for media, trade, image, the player, our players etc. do you think the club would refer something trivial to the AFL Integrity Office and then have the CEO release an official statement? We'd have to be very confident they will side with us to take this course.

Bob seemed annoyed by his laconic terms and said Bevo was upset. Indicated the leak may have impacted the result.

We are not going to get specifics any time soon. On the balance of the above, common sense to me at least says our club is hurting and we are very upset and that if we were not confident of the outcome we wouldn't gamble a lot on such a big move. That's enough for me.
    I agree with you, I just want to know what information was passed on and it isn't something blown out of proportion. As I said in the other thread, Daniel should also cop it as should Adelaide.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I agree with you, I just want to know what information was passed on and it isn't something blown out of proportion. As I said in the other thread, Daniel should also cop it as should Adelaide.
    Even on the rumour, the AFL should be referring this to Victoria and SA Police gambling squads. If anyone even linked to the Talias had money on Adelaide then this could be big and bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

I'm with you on this one. I hope it has been blown out of proportion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I'm with you on this one. I hope it has been blown out of proportion
    The club has blown it up by referring it to the AFL Integrity Office and our CEO making a public statement? Or someone else?