Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2016 East Meets West Training Day

It certainly doesn't pass the sniff test, this one.

Agree with BAD and 'stache, in that stepping up to the plate and admitting a mistake rather than taking what should be a valued segment of the supporter base for mugs wouldn't have done any damage.

I don't frequent the grounds of Wesley College Glen Waverley so can't talk to the level of access available, but my guess would be that there'd have been plenty of opportunities to check the suitability of the playing surface and source updates of its progress since school holidays began - while keeping the EWC informed of any concerns.

This sounds like a classic case of football people displaying hubris and being completely out of touch with what fans value. Whilst attending training or club functions has never been and most likely won't ever by my thing, I know it means a lot to others, many of whom can't get to the Whitten Oval and or functions for practical and economical reasons alike. For it to happen two years in a row beggars belief.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yep that's true only a small bit of it is used. Maybe that's what we need to do is utilise the whole oval there and not just small bit - just spread out more.
    With respect Easty, I think it's safe to say the oval really isn't the issue.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they can use the weather excuse it was hot as last Saturday was quite a nice day.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully next year the PR people at the club get it right.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I think Bevo is on to something top secret with regards to the rule changes. He has worked out things that most of the other coaches haven't or (in the case of Buckley et al) won't. This incident is very unfortunate but I just have that feeling that he is implementing some serious changes and needs all available hours to achieve it. We will see the results on the scoreboard in 2016.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

The whole thing is a disgrace. I cannot begain to explain my disappointment in the club and the total disregard for us out East.��