Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  224
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd 2016

Can you do one for Ablett sr in his first 50 games at Geelong and Jake Stringer in his first 50 please?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Can you do one for Ablett sr in his first 50 games at Geelong and Jake Stringer in his first 50 please?
    I did on a Stringer thread recently. I will try to a find it and bump it for you.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Slobbo article in today's Hun on Joe Danniher not delivering on potential thus far at 22 years of age. However there's little doubt Danniher will be a gun key forward/ruck... They just take time...

Interesting to note that T Boyd hasn't yet turned 21. Puts things into a bit of perspective, I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Slobbo article in today's Hun on Joe Danniher not delivering on potential thus far at 22 years of age. However there's little doubt Danniher will be a gun key forward/ruck... They just take time...

Interesting to note that T Boyd hasn't yet turned 21. Puts things into a bit of perspective, I reckon.
    ... Daniher must take a pay cut to allow the club to resign the doping players on long terms massive dollar contracts so the club can claim all of those players re-signed...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure Joe will make it. Took 15 marks this year in one game. In a good team he would be so much a better player.

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what Slobbo is on about, he seems to be playing pretty well to me. This is an example of you're only as good as your last match journalism. One average game and the Slobbos of the world are out with the knives.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone ever know what the Cookie Monster is on about ?
    What about he's drivel about Freo and Essendon, he wanted the afl integrity officer on high alert, then waffled on how much integrity Lyon and Worsfold have . Talk about bit each way .
    Daniher will be a fine footballer, and it takes time for big kids to get there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    We all want Tom to succeed. All Ozza said that he was nervous. I can see his point.
    That is indeed all I said - thanks for actually reading!

To expand on why I'm nervous about whether Tom will get to where we need him to - is based primarily on three areas of his game he needs to fix up.

- His mobility needs a lot of work. He just doesn't have the agility to change direction and get that separation from his opponent, which I think is why he rarely leads for the footy, but rather tries to stand and wrestle. I would like to see him lead and take the ball high in the air.

- His hands. He doesn't fill me with confidence (yet) when the ball is kicked to him. Drops a sitter per game, and isn't yet at the stage where he attacks the ball in the air and makes it 'his'.

- His competitiveness. It is probably confidence-related - but Tom doesn't have that competitive mongrel apparent in him yet.

Now by saying all of this - all I'm doing is pointing out the very obvious areas in Tom's game that need to improve to help him reach his potential. I think everyone seems to be very sensitive about saying(writing) out loud what anyone watching the game can see.

Yes, I realise Tom is still a pup. And I am as desperate as anyone, and as hopeful as anyone that he will succeed because he is just so incredibly important to our chances of winning a premiership. And that's just it - I'm only nervous about Tom because I think he can be a big piece in the premiership puzzle. I don't give a stuff how much he is paid overall - provided that all of our other guns are all still there.

What I want, is for Tom to get back into the senior side soon. For it to work with him and Redpath both forward. And for Tom to play well enough for it to be beyond doubt that he is in our best 22.

11. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Daniher was very good against Freo. Slobbo must have been drunk (again) when he wrote that article.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Will Tom play on Saturday or will we give him one more week and play him back at home in round 18. Certainly need him in that forward line.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

With out going through previous post's as to whether this has been posted before, but I am hearing Tom will be gone by end of the year. Is it true and have people go anything to add to this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post
    With out going through previous post's as to whether this has been posted before, but I am hearing Tom will be gone by end of the year. Is it true and have people go anything to add to this?
    Well I certainly wannknowmore.

16. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I heard this too on Facebook but I can't see how that's possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post

What's your source? If you trust it we are interested.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything's possible. Boyd was a marquee get before the coach arrived. If he doesn't fit into Bevo's plan's because he is a tool etc then I can see why the club might want to be rid of him.

That said, I don't get that impression with Boyd and Bevo. I think he was in the team and looking ok, like a 2nd/3rd year player should and then he got injured and then he was an idiot. He is in the club's plans - I can see him come in this week and play as the second ruck in the forward line.