Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  224
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Boyd 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post
    With out going through previous post's as to whether this has been posted before, but I am hearing Tom will be gone by end of the year. Is it true and have people go anything to add to this?
    That would be stupid

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the source but I don't trust it.

[removed]
    Last edited by cinder; 11-07-2016 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Jerks

3. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    I think this is the source but I don't trust it:

http://www.fantasyfootballnuts.org/t...ennel-in-2017/
    Yeah. Don't know how accurate it is.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

It's slightly irksome listening to all of the negativity surrounding Tom Boyd. He's a ruckman. He's not a freakishly athletic type of ruckman, either. Therefore he'll play his best footy from ages 26-32.

For some context, Boyd is not quite yet 21 years of age. Jack Watts is close to 25.5 years of age. Boyd is 6 foot 7 and Watts 6 foot 5.

Watts has only JUST begun to fulfill his potential and he is FOUR AND A HALF YEARS OLDER than Boyd. We knew when we signed Boyd that he was at least four years away from peak maturity. We knew that we'd have stones thrown at us as a result.

We knew if he experienced injuries and growing pains, we'd be copping flack from the world. Tom Hawkins and Max Gawn were both 23 before they hit their straps. Prior to that, their clubs carried them.

The difference being Boyd's on big coin. However we already knew that was the case. The other thing I'd say, is that we average higher scores with him in the side than we do without him. He is rarely out-marked and is good for our structure.

Calls to move him on are hysterical. He's going to explode at some point in the next couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannaknowmore View Post
    With out going through previous post's as to whether this has been posted before, but I am hearing Tom will be gone by end of the year. Is it true and have people go anything to add to this?
    Don't tell me you believe the stupid things written by idiots on a website? There is one website in particular that has published crap like this and I will not name it and give it publicity. Just like idiots on BF saying Bevo doesn't like Tom and wants to trade him out. Give me a break.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the source but I don't trust it:
    That is the site I was referring to. These guys are anti Bulldogs and post the biggest hog wash and get people talking. Our supporters are nuts if they believe it.
    Last edited by bornadog; 11-07-2016 at 11:34 PM.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    That is the site I was referring to. These guys are anti Bulldogs and post the biggest hog wash and get people talking. Our supporters are nuts if they believe it.
    Ok - I wasn't aware. I'll disregard anything they serve up then. But yeah sounded pretty far fetched.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Come on, that site must be legit, i was very close to winning an ipad!

Sponored by Ransomeware..

11. Likes bornadog, azabob, craigsahibee, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Come on, that site must be legit, i was very close to winning an ipad!

Sponored by Ransomeware..
    Yeah dodgy. I removed the link if Twodogs & Bornadog want to remove the quoted link too.

13. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't tell me you believe the stupid things written by idiots on a website? There is one website in particular that has published crap like this and I will not name it and give it publicity. Just like idiots on BF saying Bevo doesn't like Tom and wants to trade him out. Give me a break.
    Not that I disagree with you, but there is some irony in what you just said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    It's slightly irksome listening to all of the negativity surrounding Tom Boyd. He's a ruckman. He's not a freakishly athletic type of ruckman, either. Therefore he'll play his best footy from ages 26-32.

For some context, Boyd is not quite yet 21 years of age. Jack Watts is close to 25.5 years of age. Boyd is 6 foot 7 and Watts 6 foot 5.

Watts has only JUST begun to fulfill his potential and he is FOUR AND A HALF YEARS OLDER than Boyd. We knew when we signed Boyd that he was at least four years away from peak maturity. We knew that we'd have stones thrown at us as a result.

We knew if he experienced injuries and growing pains, we'd be copping flack from the world. Tom Hawkins and Max Gawn were both 23 before they hit their straps. Prior to that, their clubs carried them.

The difference being Boyd's on big coin. However we already knew that was the case. The other thing I'd say, is that we average higher scores with him in the side than we do without him. He is rarely out-marked and is good for our structure.

Calls to move him on are hysterical. He's going to explode at some point in the next couple of years.
    It is still to be proven if Tom Boyd has the necessary abilities to be the long term success to justify the huge financial investment made by the WB. My major concern is the imbalance it has created when compared with other gifted players such as Bonti Wood Stringer Liberatore etc.

16. Likes westdog54, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Not that I disagree with you, but there is some irony in what you just said.
    I shouldn't have laughed but I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Never said I believed it, I just came across it and thought I would ask the question. I don't want Boyd to go and I am happy to be patient with him. I will be aware of this site moving forward.

19. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the source but I don't trust it.

[removed]
    That article just seems to be reporting on a post that was made on BF

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...#post-45299583
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    That article just seems to be reporting on a post that was made on BF

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...#post-45299583
    What a douche to write stuff like that - exactly what I was talking about.

22. Thanks lemmon thanked for this post