Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preseason 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Preseason 2016

I was walking past the ground this morning and I could see a player running up and down the ground inside. Tom Liberatore with two trainers kicking the ball and him running after it picking it up and kicking it back. It was good to see Tom kicking the ball and being able to put a bit of pressure on his knee.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preseason 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was walking past the ground this morning and I could see a player running up and down the ground inside. Tom Liberatore with two trainers kicking the ball and him running after it picking it up and kicking it back. It was good to see Tom kicking the ball and being able to put a bit of pressure on his knee.
    Nice.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I pray that he's pushed through the dark days of his rehab and is now ready to rip the pre-season to shreds and get back to his place amongst the absolute best in the competition. All his mates are on holidays, no doubt living it up and he's grinding away.

Observations like yours give me hope.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I pray that he's pushed through the dark days of his rehab and is now ready to rip the pre-season to shreds and get back to his place amongst the absolute best in the competition. All his mates are on holidays, no doubt living it up and he's grinding away.

That's what impressed me. It reminded me so much of exactly what his dad would be doing. Tony would think "that's great you blokes all go on holiday and I will use that time to get a break on you by training twice as hard while you are all sitting on the beach drinking piss"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

That's what impressed me. It reminded me so much of exactly what his dad would be doing. Tony would think "that's great you blokes all go on holiday and I will use that time to get a break on you by training twice as hard while you are all sitting on the beach drinking piss"

6. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He went on holidays while the players were playing remember.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. It's easy to forget how important Tom is after the year we had, but we will be a significantly better side with him back.

Post Thanks / Like

He did his knee about as early as any player could so he's ahead of other 2015 ACL players.
    I'm expecting him to play round 1.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He did his knee about as early as any player could so he's ahead of other 2015 ACL players.
    I'm expecting him to play round 1.
    Let's hope Koby and Clay also recover for 2016.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has Koby Stevens done an ACL? They had so much trouble working out his injuries last time that I missed what was actually wrong with him.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Koby was a week or 2 away at finals time? Unless he's redone something he should be right for the start of preseason?

Post Thanks / Like

Has Koby Stevens done an ACL? They had so much trouble working out his injuries last time that I missed what was actually wrong with him.
    He had a heel stress fracture.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

15. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    He had a heel stress fracture.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I thought Koby was a week or 2 away at finals time? Unless he's redone something he should be right for the start of preseason?

Was listed as out indefinitely. Hopefully he has recovered.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

17. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear that Twodogs. Was at the Whitten Oval that game he did his knee and that was a big downer that day but I'm hopeful Tom can get back to the best.

Tom Boyd is another who's progress I'll be interested to hear about on here.

Looking forward to pre season reports from woofers.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Jakey Stringer is also getting started early going by his Instagram.

Posted a video from FitCentre (James Mulligans centre I believe) putting in some serious hard yards. Loved his hashtag #striveforgreatness

20. Likes strebla liked this post