Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: When will it be our turn?

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Agree with this. Watching the smug, controlled Hawthorn celebrations post-GF was actually boring. Was like a Xmas party at a medium sized suburban accounting firm. If that's as good as it gets as a Hawks fan, I'll take the years of anxiety and heartache for that one glorious explosion that is surely coming (and a few more to follow).

I thought it was supervised more like a kid's party where everyone got a prize.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with this. Watching the smug, controlled Hawthorn celebrations post-GF was actually boring. Was like a Xmas party at a medium sized suburban accounting firm. If that's as good as it gets as a Hawks fan, I'll take the years of anxiety and heartache for that one glorious explosion that is surely coming (and a few more to follow).
    I went with a couple of Hawthorn mates to Glenferrie after they won the 1991 flag - I've been to more heavily populated and boisterous BBQ's in the backyard.

3. Likes Greystache liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You've never seen accountants drink? ;-)

Post Thanks / Like

Emotionally, barracking for Hawthorn must be a bit like living your life doped up on Zoloft or Valium. "Ho hum ... we won another game. Oh goody, we won the flag again." Uhm, we're only 10 goals in front at half time - this could go down to the wire."
    Barracking for the Dogs is both emotionally bruising and emotionally uplifting. You live life on a heightened emotional plane. The joy of an unexpected victory, the despair of a shock loss, the glorious uncertainty of never being 100% sure of anything means you live life on a knife edge.

Be that as it may, in 2016, I am looking forward to an ice-breaker of a season when we smash everything that's put in front of us.

Go Dogs - we are in a good place now and we are heading to a better place next year. And when we climb the mountain and all others are beneath us the view will be so sublime, the feeling of joy will be so intense, that all past suffering will be as significant as a solitary grain of sand plucked from one of the beaches of the earth. BELIEVE! Our time is near.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

6. Likes ReLoad, hujsh, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Emotionally, barracking for Hawthorn must be a bit like living your life doped up on Zoloft or Valium. "Ho hum ... we won another game. Oh goody, we won the flag again." Uhm, we're only 10 goals in front at half time - this could go down to the wire."
    Barracking for the Dogs is both emotionally bruising and emotionally uplifting. You live life on a heightened emotional plane. The joy of an unexpected victory, the despair of a shock loss, the glorious uncertainty of never being 100% sure of anything means you live life on a knife edge.

Be that as it may, in 2016, I am looking forward to an ice-breaker of a season when we smash everything that's put in front of us.

Go Dogs - we are in a good place now and we are heading to a better place next year. And when we climb the mountain and all others are beneath us the view will be so sublime, the feeling of joy will be so intense, that all past suffering will be as significant as a solitary grain of sand plucked from one of the beaches of the earth. BELIEVE! Our time is near.
    You have got me convinced!

Looking forward to ride that awaits us.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post