Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jason McCartney on Trade Radio

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

On SEN this morning:

here

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

3. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lobbe going nowhere.
    Some interest in Talia, everyone waiting on afl investigation.
    Good conversations with Grants management, everything depends on the trade period. May or may not be around, he wasn't delisted.

Sounds like we into the St Kilda & Carlisle deal to see if we can upgrade our first rounder. WOOFERS strike again!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Lobbe going nowhere.
    Some interest in Talia, everyone waiting on afl investigation.
    Good conversations with Grants management, everything depends on the trade period. May or may not be around, he wasn't delisted.

Sounds like we into the St Kilda & Carlisle deal to see if we can upgrade our first rounder. WOOFERS strike again!
    I thought the Lobbe answer was interesting.
    When JMac has been asked about other ruck men and key backs in general he has said something about us only wanting quality and the to get them in you are signing them on good coin and for quite a few years. Implication - the names suggested aren't good enough players.
    However with Lobbe he just said his management says he's not going anywhere. Suggests to me that if he did become available as a consequence of Port's impasse with the Suns re Dixon then we'd have a crack at him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    I thought the Lobbe answer was interesting.
    When JMac has been asked about other ruck men and key backs in general he has said something about us only wanting quality and the to get them in you are signing them on good coin and for quite a few years. Implication - the names suggested aren't good enough players.
    However with Lobbe he just said his management says he's not going anywhere. Suggests to me that if he did become available as a consequence of Port's impasse with the Suns re Dixon then we'd have a crack at him.
    Sounds promising as we asking Port about him.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone think/hope that this could be the kick in the arse to turn Grant into what he really could be, not being signed by us and no interest as a free agent, honest and open in the press about our position with him, you imagine if he does get offered what would seem to be our last contract before draftees he's well aware of his position on our list and what the clubs think he's worth, could that flick the switch?
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Bum View Post
    Does anyone think/hope that this could be the kick in the arse to turn Grant into what he really could be, not being signed by us and no interest as a free agent, honest and open in the press about our position with him, you imagine if he does get offered what would seem to be our last contract before draftees he's well aware of his position on our list and what the clubs think he's worth, could that flick the switch?
    I think he was pretty good this year and played as well as he could. He got himself the fittest I have seen him and he was mostly injury free. I'm not sure he has another level to get to and I think he would be hoping to just improve on his consistency for the next 3 years. It was basically the wrong year to be coming out of contract.

His weakness is more around his ability to consistently hurt other teams with his foot skills and that is going to be a hard one to make a noticeable improvement with.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

10. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How many kicks in the arse does he need? He's had plenty and at best what he's delivered has been serviceable and no more.

Reality is he's just an average senior AFL footballer and he won't suddenly morph into what we had hoped from a Pick 5.

12. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly believe the switch has already flicked. He had a great year by his standards.

He perhaps switched it on too late, is his problem. If he has the right attitude he'd merely go again, try again and improve again, and actually earn his next gig, wherever that is.

14. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he was pretty good this year and played as well as he could. He got himself the fittest I have seen him and he was mostly injury free. I'm not sure he has another level to get to and I think he would be hoping to just improve on his consistency for the next 3 years. It was basically the wrong year to be coming out of contract.

His weakness is more around his ability to consistently hurt other teams with his foot skills and that is going to be a hard one to make a noticeable improvement with.
    Yeah fair call although i wasn't hoping for him to all of a sudden become a star worthy of the pick 5 or anything. I meant more with consistency across games and across the season, becoming a good player with some dangerous assets, i realise his attitude and intensity seemed a lot better this, just wondering moreso if there is more that he can out of himself
    My life is a very complicated drinking game.

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's what one of the points of the exercise is. It's genuinly in order to free up a spot on the list to give us some flexibility in trade week but it also leaves Jarrad dangling for a while and squarely looking at footy mortality.

I think he will more than likely be with us next year but a month spent pondering getting a real job does no one any harm.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post