Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  94
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Western Bulldogs: Matt Suckling

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Some of Sucklings great kicking here
    Has a golf handicap of 3.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Yeah they seem to love him, and he seems happy to be there. It's win win. Another astute pick up.
    Yes and you don't have a haircut like that if your not happy.

3. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He's the Jeff Thomson of AFL. Unorthodox but gets better results on one of the most important parameters.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I thought he was our best player on Sunday. Sensational match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    He's the Jeff Thomson of AFL. Unorthodox but gets better results on one of the most important parameters.

Good call. Hawthorn to us is like Thommo going from NSW to QLD.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

7. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really needs to pull his finger out after his disgraceful kicking on the weekend.

Sorry for bad quality video
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, wasn't that many games ago people were raving about his form and kicking. Had a shocker but wasn't alone.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the most disappointing games I've seen. Chose the millionaire option, kicked it like a dole bludger.

Deserved to get a massive chip from the coaching staff.

Post Thanks / Like

Will Bevo give him a week in the twos?
    Morris out means one tall comes in - Geelong play tall and we rested both Zaine and Hamling. We know Bevo cares little about reputation and a little reminder might be enough to get his head back in the game.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

generalization: any team can bring defensive pressure - its more about effort than skill. What separates the good teams from the bad is the ability to handle pressure, and on the weekend, both the saints and the dogs were almost equally bad at that. I say almost because St Kilda was slightly less horrible than we were, and correspondingly won by a small margin.

That difference can be attributed to a couple of individuals playing for the dogs, of which Jong was the standout offender with a mind-blowing 9 clangers, but Suckling also very important for St Kilda given the position on the ground where his turnovers happened.

13. Likes Sedat, anfo27 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    generalization: any team can bring defensive pressure - its more about effort than skill. What separates the good teams from the bad is the ability to handle pressure, and on the weekend, both the saints and the dogs were almost equally bad at that. I say almost because St Kilda was slightly less horrible than we were, and correspondingly won by a small margin.
    It was a comically bad game of football with diabolical skill level on display from both teams - I was chuckling to myself when the ground announcers were trying to convince the crowd what a ripping game it was at half time.

Suckers made some truly dreadful howlers but just because his howlers were so high profile doesn't give most of the other team a free pass. There were some horrendous decision-making errors and flat-out clangers on display most of the night - guys like Caleb and Libba were as guilty as some of the others already mentioned.

Our men of mayhem brand of keeping the ball locked into our forward 50 from earlier in the year has virtually disappeared, which causes players further up the field to panic with their kicking into forward 50. It needs to be rectified and quickly, because the Cats defenders will have a picnic this week if it is repeated by us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Our men of mayhem brand of keeping the ball locked into our forward 50 from earlier in the year has virtually disappeared, which causes players further up the field to panic with their kicking into forward 50. It needs to be rectified and quickly, because the Cats defenders will have a picnic this week if it is repeated by us.
    On display against Suns, but yeah has been missing some weeks
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Gee, wasn't that many games ago people were raving about his form and kicking. Had a shocker but wasn't alone.

I wasn't one of them, he's been escaping the focus because we have been winning. People will on occasions accept sub par performances from players when we win and then go hard when we lose for the same mistakes. Lloyd is right, more clubs would drop a player who performed the way he did.

Suckling has been playing loose footy for a while and needs to start using his skills better. I suspect he hasn't been getting called out from the coaches before this week.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

17. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has to be dropped.

Hopefully he'll respond like Crameri did last year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Has to be dropped.

Hopefully he'll respond like Crameri did last year
    Won't be and I hope he's not. He shanked three kicks and had a bad game but he has been very good for us all year. That's the way he plays and Bevo knows it and he's not going to drop a player for three errant kicks. It's not the reason we lost. Barrett is way off the mark stating that for each one of Suckling's great kicks there are three bad ones. I've hardly seen him miss all year.

Plus, aside from the shanks he was ok defensively on Saturday night.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

20. Likes chef liked this post