Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Players For Trade

A rumour has come out that we are talking to Gold Coast about both Steven May and pick 3

This suggests we must be prepared to offer something serious going the other way, and really starts the conversation as to who we would be willing to give up

Who are your untouchables? Who could we part with that would be of value to another club? Keeping in mind GC's best defender and pick 3 are both highly valuable, pick 11 + Minson, Talia or Hrovat may secure one of those but not both
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Players For Trade

Untouchables?
    Gee I'd have a pretty long list of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Would love Steven May but can't think of anything I'd be prepared to give up (other than Pick 11 which I would think GWS would not take).

Post Thanks / Like

It kinda scares me to think we're even talking about the possibility of trading up to pick 3 let alone 3 plus May. The only way GC entertain trading pick 3 is via the Dogs trading both our pick 11 plus someone of substantial value, of the ilk of a Macrae or a Stringer.
    I just can't see us entertaining anything like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    A rumour has come out that we are talking to Gold Coast about both Steven May and pick 3

This suggests we must be prepared to offer something serious going the other way, and really starts the conversation as to who we would be willing to give up

Who are your untouchables? Who could we part with that would be of value to another club? Keeping in mind GC's best defender and pick 3 are both highly valuable, pick 11 + Minson, Talia or Hrovat may secure one of those but not both

To get May and pick 3

In order;

Bontempelli, Stringer, Liberatore, Wallis, Macrae and Boyd T. And last year's draftees. Maybe.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    To get May and pick 3

In order;

Bontempelli, Stringer, Liberatore, Wallis, Macrae and Boyd T. And last year's draftees. Maybe.
    I'd have Wood in there between Libba and Wally as well. It would also personally destroy me if we lost Dahl but he's just the type Rocket would be into.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'd have Wood in there between Libba and Wally as well. It would also personally destroy me if we lost Dahl but he's just the type Rocket would be into.
    Hope we are not trading future picks, especially considering that this years draft is suppose to be weak.

Also, what is the view of a) picking-up Super's kid; and b) what pick we would have to give up to do so?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Also, what is the view of a) picking-up Super's kid; and b) what pick we would have to give up to do so?
    Dalrymple said he is probably a 3rd rounder. Bringing he and Suckling in makes us really overstocked for HBF's and small mid/forwards, maybe it's Dahlhaus, Hunter or JJ on the table
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Any suggestions as to who could you get for pick 3 either as a trade or ND recruit that would make it worthwhile exchanging pick 11 + one of our emerging (or now established) stars for pick 3 and May?
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Any suggestions as to who could you get for pick 3 either as a trade or ND recruit that would make it worthwhile exchanging pick 11 + one of our emerging (or now established) stars for pick 3 and May?
    May isn't on the table and I doubt pick 3 is either.
    Curnow could be a target though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Maybe Weitering if we've got Carlton on the hook for pick 3 + Talia for pick 1 or something

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Weitering if we've got Carlton on the hook for pick 3 + Talia for pick 1 or something
    So in this scenario we trade players to improve our draft position from 11 to 3 and then trade more players to move from 3 to 1?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Dalrymple said he is probably a 3rd rounder. Bringing he and Suckling in makes us really overstocked for HBF's and small mid/forwards, maybe it's Dahlhaus, Hunter or JJ on the table
    Trading these players is just crazy. We either get the key back or ruckman that we want or we keep our powder dry from here and take 11 to the draft.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

15. Likes bulldogtragic, F'scary, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So in this scenario we trade players to improve our draft position from 11 to 3 and then trade more players to move from 3 to 1?
    Yeah that's what I meant. Pure speculation. Seems as though the top 2 are standouts this year followed by an even pack so not sure why we would be keen on pick 3

Formerly gogriff

17. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's what I meant. Pure speculation. Seems as though the top 2 are standouts this year followed by an even pack so not sure why we would be keen on pick 3
    I'd go ahead and back Dalrymple with any advice he's giving on draft position. Bontempelli wasn't considered a standout either.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

19. Likes boydogs liked this post