Western Bulldogs v Collingwood

Saturday 12 March, 1.10pm

Venue

Etihad Stadium, 740 Bourke St, Docklands

Broadcast

TV: Fox Footy 1:00pm (AEST)

Radio: 3AW 1:05pm, SEN 1116 1:00pm

Ticketing Information

Ticket windows will open for sales at 11.45am.

Public gates will open at 12pm.

Access members can scan their membership to enter the ground – can enter at any gate.

Membership sales and inquiries available at Gate 5. Members who have signed up recently can collect their card from there too.

Fans can also stay on to watch the Haw vs. North match for free too if they attend our game.

- See more at: http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne....uIgyR1VS.dpuf
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Challenge Game 3 v Collingwood - Etihad Saturday March 12

Maybe a silly question but the gate takings , do they just go straight to the AFL pockets or are they split between the teams or is it treated as our home game?
    If the revenue gets split between the two clubs maybe we should put in to play the big sides in all
    Three NAB cup games.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Maybe a silly question but the gate takings , do they just go straight to the AFL pockets or are they split between the teams or is it treated as our home game?
    If the revenue gets split between the two clubs maybe we should put in to play the big sides in all
    Three NAB cup games.

It's a good question. God knows where the money goes is my answer.

Even when they explain stuff like that I often don't understand the explanation...
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs load-up for final NAB Challenge

The Western Bulldogs have made 15-changes, naming their strongest NAB Challenge line-up yet for Saturday afternoon’s final NAB Challenge match against Collingwood at Etihad Stadium.

Senior coach Luke Beveridge has loaded up on experience for his side’s last hit-out prior to the home and away season, with All-Australian’s Robert Murphy, Jake Stringer and Easton Wood, as well as young gun Marcus Bontempelli amongst the inclusions for the weekend.

The Bulldogs will be looking to emulate the performance that earned them a 61-point victory over the Pies in the corresponding fixture last season.

Senior players Matthew Boyd, Luke Dahlhaus and Mitch Wallis have also been named in the squad and the backline will be bolstered by the return 2015 Most Improved Player award winner Jason Johannsen and veteran Dale Morris.

Draftees Marcus Adams and Kieran Collins and have also been named in the 27-man squad.

WESTERN BULLDOGS

1. Matt Suckling, 2. Robert Murphy, 3. Mitch Wallis, 4. Marcus Bontempelli, 5. Matthew Boyd, 6. Luke Dahlhaus, 7. Lachie Hunter, 9. Jake Stringer, 10. Easton Wood, 11. Jack Macrae, 13. Nathan Hrovat, 15. Tom Campbell, 16. Toby McLean, 17. Tom Boyd, 21. Tom Liberatore, 23. Jordan Roughead, 24. Shane Biggs, 25. Koby Stevens, 30. Joel Hamling, 32. Kieran Collins, 33. Marcus Adams, 35. Caleb Daniel, 38. Dale Morris, 39. Jason Johannisen, 42. Liam Picken, 43. Jack Redpath, 46. Lin Jong

COLLINGWOOD

1. Alex Fasolo, 2. Jordan De Goey, 3. Brent Macaffer, 7. Adam Treloar, 8. Tom Langdon, 10. Scott Pendlebury, 11. Jarryd Blair, 13. Taylor Adams, 14. James Aish, 15. Jarrod Witts, 16. Nathan Brown, 17. Jonathon Marsh, 18. Travis Varcoe, 19. Levi Greenwood, 22. Steele Sidebottom, 25. Jack Crisp, 26. Marley Williams, 28. Ben Sinclair, 30. Darcy Moore, 31. Jackson Ramsay, 32. Travis Cloke, 34. Alan Toovey 36. Dane Swan, 37. Brayden Maynard, 43. Adam Oxley, 44. Corey Gault, 45. Jack Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Notable omissions:
    Roberts
    Webb
    Dunkley
    Honeychurch
    Minson
    Dickson
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. No Minson.
    I assume we won't debut both Adams and Collins Round 1, and Hamling played closer tot he CHB role so Adams vs Hamling for one spot seems about right.

Campbell vs Roughy

Perhaps Boyd vs Redpath or McLean vs Daniel to determine who makes way fro the last round 1 spot.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting. No Minson.
    I assume we won't debut both Adams and Collins Round 1, and Hamling played closer tot he CHB role so Adams vs Hamling for one spot seems about right.

Campbell vs Roughy

Perhaps Boyd vs Redpath or McLean vs Daniel to determine who makes way fro the last round 1 spot.
    I think the MC prefers Campbell over Minson. I also think Roughead will also be in the team come round 1.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson must be injured. Bugger. Hope it's nothing serious.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Notable omissions:
    Roberts
    Webb
    Dunkley
    Honeychurch
    Minson
    Dickson
    Dale
    and no Adcock either.

Dickson the most notable absentee for mine.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Dickson must be injured. Bugger. Hope it's nothing serious.
    He must be. Either that or it's a really long rest which would be surprising given he's only played a half of football.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

So it's TC over Minson for Rd 1 then?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    So it's TC over Minson for Rd 1 then?
    You'd assume so.

Hamling out, Roberts in according to twitter now. Makes Adams a very, very good chance for round 1 now
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson is a big blow given Crameri is already gone. Presuming he is now a big doubt for R1, that means 2 of our main 3 forward weapons will be missing. Big holes but also big opportunities.

Big man situation a little clearer, with Roberts and Minson now looking to be option B (or C).

Presumably it's 2 of Collins/Hamling/Adams at the key back posts and any 3 of Campbell/Boyd/Roughy/Redpath for Ruck/Forward, with Campbell the only one looking highly likely.

With the mids, I'd reckon it's down to Biggs, Jong, Hrovat, McLean and Daniel fighting for 2 spots, the rest appear locks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    You'd assume so.

Hamling out, Roberts in according to twitter now. Makes Adams a very, very good chance for round 1 now
    Any reason given?

Post Thanks / Like

Bummer about Dickson. Amazing the amount of times he was able to steady us/ keep us in the game by kicking straight. Straight kicking is still underrated in the AFL.

Just having a look at the side surely we wouldn't go in against Fremantle with Boyd, Redpath, Campbell and Roughead?

The only way I see that working is if Roughead is fullback which doesn't look to be on the cards going by preseason so far.