Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  193
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    This is not uncommon today. There is very few EJ Whitten's Hawkins or Georgie Bisset that were gifted on both sides of the body. Perhaps the most glaring in being unable to kick on their non preferred foot would be JJ and Kobi Stevens on our current list.
    I understand that it's a non negotiable with Bevo that every player on the list learns to kick with both feet. No exceptions.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    By the way Adams looked a lot smaller than a trimmed down Redpath. Initially Redpath looked slower in the running but finished a lot stronger.
    It was the first time I had seen Adams in the flesh, and it took me a minute to confirm who he was. Redpath certainly looks like he's trimmed down a bit and did seem to be moving well (albeit a few of their smaller team mates seemed to get a bit of amusement out of watching he and Adams complete their runs).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    This is not uncommon today. There is very few EJ Whitten's Hawkins or Georgie Bisset that were gifted on both sides of the body. Perhaps the most glaring in being unable to kick on their non preferred foot would be JJ and Kobi Stevens on our current list.
    Lin Jong heavily favours his good foot as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    It was the first time I had seen Adams in the flesh, and it took me a minute to confirm who he was. Redpath certainly looks like he's trimmed down a bit and did seem to be moving well (albeit a few of their smaller team mates seemed to get a bit of amusement out of watching he and Adams complete their runs).
    Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Lin Jong heavily favours his good foot as well.
    Caleb Daniels. He did the most complicated pirouette I've ever seen to get onto his right in order to kick a goal V Collingwood this year.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's a very interesting report for a couple of reasons and one that I don't agree with. Do you mean his left foot?

There is a couple of kicks here with his right

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/vi...s-adams/#page1

The drills this morning were kicked out to his right and he had to kick with his right running around to the other end repeating the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's his non dominant left that he struggles with. Any one can see his right foot is fine by watching his 3 minute highlight clip.
    I think I got that back to front.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

The next open training sessions at Victoria University Whitten Oval will be 2:30pm Tuesday 8 December and 8:00am Saturday 12 December.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any woofers make it down to training this afternoon?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Went down to training today. It was hot and windy. Lots of 15m kick to kick using both feet. The five other spectators and I had a group of seven in front of us: Will, Tom Campbell, Goetz, Bailey Dale, Picken, Dickson, and Caleb Daniel. They were put through a couple of drills: they take the ruckman’s tap and throw it on their boot and hit a 15m target. The skills weren’t great in the windy conditions but Dickson, Dale, Daniels and Picken were consistently good. Goetz is an exciting looking type, tall, long legged and a great mover. His kicking was poor though. He drops the ball onto his foot, not really guiding it down with his hand. Consequently he wasn’t spinning the ball properly and he was missing the target consistently. He’s just a kid atm. Another drill involved groups of four, one harassing the ball carrier who handballed to one of the other two.
    Marcus Adams has seriously well developed legs, they’re huge, as are Easton Woods’. Brad Lynch kicked well on both sides and looks skilled and naturally well balanced. There were a couple of players out there that I didn’t recognise, a taller left footer that I don’t think was Prudden and a smaller middle eastern looking player that wasn’t JJ. Footscray players?
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    a smaller middle eastern looking player that wasn’t JJ. Footscray players?
    Thanks for the update BIDS. Also JJ is from South Africa, he was born in Johannesburg,and moved to Perth when he was 8
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thanks for the update BIDS. Also JJ is from South Africa, he was born in Johannesburg,and moved to Perth when he was 8
    Thank the heavens he did. I was worried about him when Cameron cleaned him up with that violent hip to the head. He had a great '15, showed he was more than a speedster. He can mark, read the play and kick a goal. He will only get better. Wish we had two of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank the heavens he did. I was worried about him when Cameron cleaned him up with that violent hip to the head. He had a great '15, showed he was more than a speedster. He can mark, read the play and kick a goal. He will only get better. Wish we had two of him.
    Best position for JJ?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Best position for JJ?
    Breaking the lines off half back.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

There were a couple of players out there that I didn’t recognise, a taller left footer that I don’t think was Prudden and a smaller middle eastern looking player that wasn’t JJ. Footscray players?
    That small guy you're talking about is Michael Romero, son of Jose. I'd say the tall lefty was Williams.
    Thanks for the report.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

15. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    That small guy you're talking about is Michael Romero, son of Jose. I'd say the tall lefty was Williams.
    Thanks for the report.
    Jose's son, yes Jose had those handsome dark eyebrows like this kid did. Bailey Williams was out there but he's a right footer.
    If you had two JJ's the other one could play outside mid.

Post Thanks / Like

The leftie could be Crammers disguised by the hat but I saw him closer later on and I thought not. He's at 26 secs here:
    http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...essure-session