Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  193
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training - 2016

Saw some photos of Mitch Wallis and Tom Boyd doing extra sprint work at Sorrento during their down time. Great to see Boyd doing the extra work - if he takes big strides this year our forward line will be hard to stop.

Would love to know if Mitch initiated these sessions, taking it upon himself to give Boyd every chance to really break through this year. Wouldn't surprise at all, such an outstanding young leader.

2. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes strebla, G-Mo77, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mitch would be a pretty good choice to train with - he is studying sports science at VU as well.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Can anyone help me with the training times for this week and next week? The Club's website page on preseason training is vague and perhaps not up to date.
    Im pretty sure they are back from this week but not 100% sure F'scary.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone help me with the training times for this week and next week? The Club's website page on preseason training is vague and perhaps not up to date.
    I'd phone the club to check but if they are back (and I think they are) then Monday and Thursday's are closed sessions and other days are okay.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

think I'll do that GVGjr, although I have had mixed results getting people to answer the phone in the Summer in the few attempts I have made over the past 10 years.

Post Thanks / Like

think I'll do that GVGjr, although I have had mixed results getting people to answer the phone in the Summer in the few attempts I have made over the past 10 years.
    Just checked the HUN and it would appear they will be back next week. I'd still check with the club though.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

8. Thanks F'scary thanked for this post
    Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As an old hand training is a lot different this year. More closed sessions. Most of the morning sessions are closed.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    As an old hand training is a lot different this year. More closed sessions. Most of the morning sessions are closed.
    And when it is open it's little more than a warm up run, and even then it's not on at the advertised time. Trying to attend training is a pretty pointless exercise this year unfortunately.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    And when it is open it's little more than a warm up run, and even then it's not on at the advertised time. Trying to attend training is a pretty pointless exercise this year unfortunately.

I don't mind if there is a dividend on field. I don't see how you can conceal training at Whitten Oval completely from someone hell bent on seeing it but I assume they have anticipated that problem and come up with a plan.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo must be worried that Talia is lurking around.

13. Likes Twodogs, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Spotted the North boys riding along Beach Rd on Saturday morning, a few things I noticed:

* They were wearing training singlets, we wear designer cycling uniforms - We win.

* Beach Rd - meh... We cycle along the Great Ocean Rd. - We win.

* I passed a number of them and I'm very much an amateur rider, no chance I'd pass our boys - We win again.

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo must be worried that Talia is lurking around.
    He'd make a crap spy - he'd film everything and inexplicably lose the phone

16. Likes F'scary, dadsgirl16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Spotted the North boys riding along Beach Rd on Saturday morning, a few things I noticed:

* They were wearing training singlets, we wear designer cycling uniforms - We win.

* Beach Rd - meh... We cycle along the Great Ocean Rd. - We win.

* I passed a number of them and I'm very much an amateur rider, no chance I'd pass our boys - We win again.
    On this Matt Boyd posted on Instagram a couple of days ago a large contingent of our players riding in full Dogs lycra gear in the kinglake area. Tagged were Roarke Smith, Fletcher Roberts, Lin Jong, Jordan Roughead, Daniel Giansiracusa, Jed Adcock and Zaine Cordy.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

The next open training session at Victoria University Whitten Oval will be on Tuesday 12 January 2016, commencing at 1:30pm (approx), and Saturday 16 January 2016, commencing at 8:30am (approx). Both sessions will be approximately one hour in duration.

For the duration of preseason, Monday and Thursday training sessions at VU Whitten Oval will be closed to the public until further notice.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't mind if there is a dividend on field. I don't see how you can conceal training at Whitten Oval completely from someone hell bent on seeing it but I assume they have anticipated that problem and come up with a plan.
    With the fence around the ground all they need to do is lock the gates and the door at Barkers cafe, roll down the blinds, and no one can get access without trying to scale the 10 foot fence. It wouldn't be hard to pick out the couple of people who went to that length.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships