Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  193
Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Thanks CBM. Kyneton has the best fish and hip shop I've been to.
    I thought hipsters only did hamburger joints

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    I've got TD pegged as a proto-hipster - ahead of the curve.

They'll all be doing what he does in a few years (and they'll reckon they're so hip).

4. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a real credit Redpath. He has worked super hard to get to where he is. There's no doubt his lateral movements are a weakness, clearly due to multiple knee reconstructions, but he's still been able to improve his game every year. He came from a long way back too.

Most KPP's (and key forwards particularly) have been criticsed for not working hard enough (Riewoldt the exception), but Jack works really hard which is evident in how he's been able to change his body shape.

Very interesting year ahead for him. With Crameri out and Boyd still raw, he really could play a lot of games

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to seeing the boys train this Saturday morning (8:00am) at the East West day at Wesley College. Hoping for a strong turnout of dog suppoorters.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

8. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the boys train this Saturday morning (8:00am) at the East West day at Wesley College. Hoping for a strong turnout of dog suppoorters.
    Yep will probably head down there on Saturday as well AR. Weather looks like it will be ok and it's good that's in the morning. This is great opportunity for Eastern suburbs based Bulldogs supporters to catch our team train and mingle with the players.

Thoroughly enjoyed the WO experience in the NAB challenge last year. Great crowd and vibe. Only bad thing about that game was Libba doing his knee. Glad he is back and training now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stefoid View Post
    His hair has grown out considerably in recent years...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    His hair has grown out considerably in recent years...
    Has he got it in a manbun yet?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Absoluteley AR.

Will be heading down Sat. can't wait to see the boys in the flesh.

#Getaroundem

Post Thanks / Like

I found myself sitting next to David Young last season due to a friendship connection. He didn't quite gush over how determined and how nice he found Redpath, but he got pretty close to it. Apparently there's not many he's come across who deserve it as much as Jack does.

It's not likely, irrespective of improved fitness, that he'll ever be a player that does much outside of the full forward line and pinch hitting in the ruck due to his physical limitations, but if he improves year on year there's no reason why he can't be a very good second option forward. He has decent burst on the lead and kicks straight, so if he improves his fitness there's a spot for him in the pocket for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I found myself sitting next to David Young last season due to a friendship connection. He didn't quite gush over how determined and how nice he found Redpath, but he got pretty close to it. Apparently there's not many he's come across who deserve it as much as Jack does.

It's not likely, irrespective of improved fitness, that he'll ever be a player that does much outside of the full forward line and pinch hitting in the ruck due to his physical limitations, but if he improves year on year there's no reason why he can't be a very good second option forward. He has decent burst on the lead and kicks straight, so if he improves his fitness there's a spot for him in the pocket for sure.
    Let's not put limits on our lads. Can't think of many posters here who didn't have T-Dickson pegged as a 'good solid player' with 'one trick' and a likely candidate for the VFL. Yes, kicking goals straight as an arrow is a bloody good trick.

Jack Redpath, I give you permission to be the next Wayne Carey. It's all yours son.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

On Redpath, I think he is a real trier, which is a good thing. He doesn't drop his head when things don't go his way. His biggest problem from what I see is he drifts in and out of the game. He just needs to stay involved more. Not sure if it's his running patterns, positioning or what but I think it's definitely something that he can learn. I reckon Easton Wood used to disappear at times as well but he certainly addressed that last season.

I glad to hear the reports that Jack has worked really hard in the pre-season, especially with the Crameri suspension changing our forward set up. I like Redpath but I feel this year is do or die for him. If he can hold his marks and stay in the game as I said, he could be a real weapon for us because he is a good size and a beautiful kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Look forward to the reports from woofers who can make it down this afternoon.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I glad to hear the reports that Jack has worked really hard in the pre-season, especially with the Crameri suspension changing our forward set up. I like Redpath but I feel this year is do or die for him. If he can hold his marks and stay in the game as I said, he could be a real weapon for us because he is a good size and a beautiful kick.
    My worry is that we have two tall genuine forwards on our list and they both play FF better than anything else.
    We're trying to turn Redders into a higher leading forward and/or Boyd into a ruck/forward.

Not sure how well either will go although Boyd's ruckwork isn't too bad.
    Last edited by Mofra; 20-01-2016 at 09:35 AM.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing the lack of footage coming out the kennel. My mother follows the Dees and I watched some footage today of their preseason camp it was bloody excellent. Seems like we are trying to keep a lid of things but we are in the business of selling memberships.

Post Thanks / Like

Well they are up to some major change given the levels of paranoia and secrecy at training. We must be going to play a different game style.

Unless. Maybe that's exactly what they want us to think?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite