Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  193
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training - 2016

Preseason Training to be ramped up:

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...-the-intensity
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone confirm or deny that Jason Johannisen has bleached the top of his hair, Odell Beckham style?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Can anyone confirm or deny that Jason Johannisen has bleached the top of his hair, Odell Beckham style?
    Can confirm. There is a picture of him on the homepage of www.westernbulldogs.com.au in his role as cultural ambassador (he's top right of the picture).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Looks like it:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Can confirm. There is a picture of him on the homepage of www.westernbulldogs.com.au in his role as cultural ambassador (he's top right of the picture).

Post Thanks / Like

He must be enjoying the limelight, good, as long as it stays the icing not the cake.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

He can wear it...and enjoy a potential increase in Brownlow votes.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks DT for that post. I feel like I was there.

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw an interview with Bailey Dale, where he was asked to nominate a first year player who was particularly impressive.

With good loyalty, he went with namesake Bailey Williams, commenting particularly on his strong marking.

I know there is a lot of spin this time of year, but really like the prosects of this crop of recruits. Reckon Footscray games will be great viewing this year, with a lot of talented players working double time to push for a senior birth.

12. Likes Eastdog, Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great training report dog town. Much appreciated. Reporting on the details of training is not an easy thing to do but it sounds like you nailed it here. Certainly worth reading that a few times to understand the deatils of it better.

Did anyone get to training early this morning?
    Last edited by Eastdog; 23-01-2016 at 08:03 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Thanks DT for that post. I feel like I was there.
    Yep agree ratsmac.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
    Woofers could always chip in for a drone with a camera and watch a live feed of training - as long as its not too windy, from stories I've heard about drones going astray after Xmas. But then again, how many calm days does the WO experience? Not many from my years of watching games there.
    A cool idea Torpedo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Did anyone get to training early this morning?
    I'd be surprised if they trained Easty as it really would have been a slap in the face of the East West day.

There was a major Western Bulldogs ladies training session there this morning.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd be surprised if they trained Easty as it really would have been a slap in the face of the East West day.

There was a major Western Bulldogs ladies training session there this morning.
    A poster on our big footy forum said that there was a training session at WO this morning and Bevo asked if there were any East-West people there and he explained that they had to postpone Glen Waverley because the Wesley College ground wasn't up to scratch for the intense session that was required before we headed up north. They were blaming themselves and said they would happily go there but not under the current schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched them train this morning. I stood on grassy knoll, fortunately no snipers.

A poster on big footy said Bevo spoke to the handful of folk that were near Barker's Cafe and asked I they were east westers and told them Wesley Oval not right for intense training today. So sounds like club did right thing.

Report on big footy quite detailed so will not repeat here. Suffice for to say the match simulation of bout 15 to 20 min halves was great to watch. Caleb Daniel's excellent disposal again stood out to me. And I think Dahl is going to have another stupendous year - his competitiveness is outstanding. Roughead went off with what like a sore right hand however apparently he came back on later according to Big Footy poster. Of the big boys I liked look of Hamling, Collins and Goetz - he looks very mobile and deft with disposal for a tall chap plus has frame that looks like he could add bulk well. Boys seemed to be encouraging TBoyd who kicked 2 goals and was running a fair way from goal trying to make himself a target, plus he is definitely trimmer as is Wilbur. Most encouraging re TBoyd was great tackle he put on his mate Honeychurch in one of preceding handball only mini games - a little bit of controlled agro, TBoyd looked intense to me so hoping for big things this year from him. Plus wonderful to see Libba out there - got a feeling they may hold him back a little to make sure he is really right to go. Libba was in match simo however was wearing pink vest which possibly indicated not to tackle him.Hunter looks chock full of confidence, a little bit of swagger about him. Hope he can continue his upward trajectory.