Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  193
Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training - 2016

Cheers josie.

Yeah Caleb may be a small player but gee from the sound of it he is definitely set to put it up a notch or two this year. I reckon our recruiters got this one right.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 24-01-2016 at 01:09 AM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Just saw an interview with Bailey Dale, where he was asked to nominate a first year player who was particularly impressive.

With good loyalty, he went with namesake Bailey Williams, commenting particularly on his strong marking.

I know there is a lot of spin this time of year, but really like the prosects of this crop of recruits. Reckon Footscray games will be great viewing this year, with a lot of talented players working double time to push for a senior birth.
    It seems like with some very astute trading and some especially competent and some inspired drafting we have gathered a gun list.

The problem maybe that we might have to trade out some very good players to get players for the positions we need although maybe having got a couple of KPPs may have lessened that problem.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Cheers josie.

Yeah Caleb may be a small player but gee from the sound of it he is definitely set to put it up a notch or two this year. I reckon our recruiters got this one right.
    Which ones have they got wrong in your opinion Easty?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Which ones have they got wrong in your opinion Easty?
    2009 draft I would say B4L even though we didn't get high picks in that year as we had a really strong season it was a poor draft for us.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

2009 draft I would say B4L even though we didn't get high picks in that year as we had a really strong season it was a poor draft for us.
    The way it read I was under the impression you were talking about recent drafts. My bad.

Post Thanks / Like

The way it read I was under the impression you were talking about recent drafts. My bad.
    Sorry B4L. Yeah definitely not drafts in recent years which we have done very well in.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at some of the shots from preseason, you can see the conditioning staff have been having an impact, with a few of the lighter guys looking appreciably more muscular (Dale, Hamling, ZCordy and Daniel come to mind), while a few of the bigger guys are looking decidedly leaner (Minson, TBoyd, Redpath).

Post Thanks / Like

Hearing more good things about Bailey Williams. This quote is from a respected poster in another forum from yesterday's match simulation:

"Of the rookies, Bailey Williams was the most impressive. Playing in defence, he must have had a dozen possies, including a great defensive grab running into a pack. Every time he got the ball, he hit his target as well."

9. Thanks Throughandthrough thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I read it as a pat on the back for our recruiters, in that they got it right and everybody else got it wrong with regards to Caleb.
    The Angels have the phone box. Don't blink!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    I read it as a pat on the back for our recruiters, in that they got it right and everybody else got it wrong with regards to Caleb.
    I guess you could say that. Initially there was criticism of that selection but after watching him in 2015 I think that's all but gone now. He looks like he will be a quality player for us. Just love his speed.

Post Thanks / Like

MORE DETAILS HERE
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish I was on the sunshine coast...
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I guess you could say that. Initially there was criticism of that selection but after watching him in 2015 I think that's all but gone now. He looks like he will be a quality player for us. Just love his speed.
    One of the few players who tested well for speed and endurance at the draft camp. Great late pick for the risk/reward payoff
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or does this seem like the longest pre-season ever?

I guess expectation does that to you.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Is it me or does this seem like the longest pre-season ever?

I guess expectation does that to you.
    I think when the cricket and tennis are as boring as they have been it would seem so.