Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  193
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training - 2016

We've been giving the media a flogging the last few days. Bont on 9 tonight, Stringer was on 7 news with Stevo last night, Bevo on SEN this morning, a whole bunch in Ballarat, Redpath and Macrae doing press.

Good to see.

2. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1985 at Kardinia park we won by 20 odd points and Lally kicked 5 I think Beaser kicked 5 or 6 as well .
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Anyone with questions on McLean's ability, recommended viewing is the 2nd St Kilda and the Carlton games last year. The bloke is going to be a real star for us.
    Liam Jones dominated a preseason game once. It was if all previous form was forgotten over the preseason. I'm not sure id take too much out of an intra club bar the fact Libba got through.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Which game was this?
    Tom Campbell v goalpost game Western Bulldogs v Carlton, Rd 20, 2013
    Footscray Football Republic.

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went and checked out training today

Started at 9.30 and they were done by about 10.45. Was spitting rain pretty much the whole time.

Those who I didn't see included M Boyd, Morris, Picken, Redpath and Jong. Although a couple of players were doing run throughs over the other side of the ground. Couldn't make them out.

Was a stock standard session really, they started off with the opposite foot kicking drill. The skill level was very high.

They then broke into 3 even teams. 1 team did a handball drill on there own whilst the other 2 teams played some half ground match simulation. They rotated so every team had a chance to do the handball drill.
    Roughy was playing in the ruck. Webb was mostly down forward. The 2 standouts for me were Wallis and Daniel. Daniel has been hyped up alot this preseason and now I know why. Very skillful, won the hardball and finished off around goals. Wood also looks in senstional condition. He looks set for another massive year.

They ended the session doing a keepings off kicking drill. Was about 5 on 8 so the 5 chasing had to work hard. After around 5 minutes they broke out and did 400 metre runs, then got straight back into it. Obviously testing the kicking and decision making whlist fatigued.

Roughy and Bont stayed back while the others went to mingle with the crowd and sign autographs. They were working with Joel Corey and Stephen King doing some ballup work. King and Roughy would battle for the hitout and Bont and Corey would be roving.

T Boyd did the full session but had the pink no contact jacket on. Collins also did the full session.

Wasn't a huge turnout, think the weather turned a few away. Was a nice touch having one of the staff members walk around the ground and give out free tickets to the Round 1 match.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Jaytee, thanks heaps.

The skill level at training really seems to have lifted a notch. Earlier there was lots of running and long range kicking.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bonti was interviewed on Ch9 news tonight from Ballarat, gee he speaks well for a young bloke.
    Agree totally. I can see him as a future Club Captain.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Saturday 5 March, from 10:00am (approx.).
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This week's open training session will be held at Victoria University Whitten Oval on Saturday 5 March, from 10:00am (approx.).
    Given we play the next day, should be a fairly gentle session.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Given we play the next day, should be a fairly gentle session.
    Bevo does go for the unexpected though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Bevo does go for the unexpected though.
    Would it be with the whole group or just the ones that aren't playing?

If previous years are to go by and the GWS game seems no different. This week we will likely play all the kids against Melbourne and those that didn't play last week.

If that is the case then you may see all the senior guys and those not playing do a hard match intensity style training at W.O.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

If previous years are to go by and the GWS game seems no different. This week we will likely play all the kids against Melbourne and those that didn't play last week.

If that is the case then you may see all the senior guys and those not playing do a hard match intensity style training at W.O.
    Melbourne have stated they will field strong teams during the NAB Challenge, so expect us to lose this week. The important thing is to get some game time into the new draftees.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne have stated they will field strong teams during the NAB Challenge, so expect us to lose this week. The important thing is to get some game time into the new draftees.
    That's ok.. Will have to check the bookie's odds and load up on the Dees.

Like Lachie Hunter's mate I did so last year as the bookies had us as the favourites even with a large number of 1st 22 players missing.. Had a nice little collect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post

Yeah, thinking about it there will be a significant number of senior players not playing that will need a decent run. They will probably play tge five a side team games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That's ok.. Will have to check the bookie's odds and load up on the Dees.

Like Lachie Hunter's mate I did so last year as the bookies had us as the favourites even with a large number of 1st 22 players missing.. Had a nice little collect.
    Not on Lochie's phone account I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone at training? How's it going?
    Footscray Football Republic.