Thanks Thanks:  169
Likes Likes:  193
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pre-season training - 2016

We must be confident of picking him up because there is already a video highlights package of him on the Bulldogs website !!!+

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Perhaps. I heard he asked 5 clubs rather than we asked him. Just wondering if we are genuinely interested or cuttin the guy a break. Where does he fit in down back. Depth?
    I don't think we'd waste our or his time if we were just cutting him a break. I'm almost 100% confident he'll be with us next season. Almost.

Where does he fit? He's depth and can play back, think he's played some forward as well. Boyd's on weary legs and gets rested frequently and Murph is getting any younger either so there would be a spot for him down back. He'll be OK for us should we get him.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Adcock a local Ballarat lad with family still in Ballarat? I understand he was recruited from a Ballarat team by the Brisbane Lions.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

We can rely on Boyd, Murphy, Morris and Adcock to provide 60 odd games of top quality AFL standard football between them next year. That's a cornerstone you can build around.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Senior players were back at training today

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/vi...players-return
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on Montgomery's comments in the Boyd article we are a lock to get him unless someone else jumps in.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Two chances to watch the boys train at Whitten Oval this week, Tuesday @ 2:30pm + Saturday @ 8:30am. All other sessions are closed
    Any idea how long the sessions normally run for? Was hoping to get down this afternoon but think I'll be up early on Friday instead!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Any idea how long the sessions normally run for? Was hoping to get down this afternoon but think I'll be up early on Friday instead!
    Usually these sessions go for 45 minutes to an hour.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Thanks jazzadogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Good point - not sure but you would think so.

If you are social club member, you can meet the new draftees at next Monday's Social club event.
    I will be there

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Luke Goetz is a 202cm/91 kg Ruckman who has only played AFL for 1-2 years. Altona boy who dominated WSFL early this year before finishing year in TAC with Western Jets. Very good athlete (2.88 20 metres apparently) but very raw. Good wraps on his potential.

Charlie Lee is a 182/68 Utility from Warrnambool who has spent most of his time forward/mid but played as a rebounding half back this year with NBallarat Rebels in TAC. Did kick 4 goals on debut for South Warrnambool from the wing against men. Reportedly a very good athlete with 'x-factor' but struggles for consistency.

Brayden Sier, 187/85, Northern Knights midfielder who seems the most developed as an AFL player of the 3. Also played a lot of this year for Marcellin College, where he won the Best & Fairest (Marcus Bontempelli also schooled/played at Marcellin, amazingly he could only finish 2nd in their B&F in 2012 - Marcellin has produced heaps of AFL players; Bont, Montagna, Caddy, Newnes, Zaharakis, Karnetzis, Shuey; oldies - Steve Silvagni, Gavin Brown, Paul Dimattina, heaps of others. So winning their B&F is a good indicator of some quality).

Don't know if they are being considered for the draft (would be unusual for them to train with us prior to selection?). Look more likely Rookie/PSD possibles?
    Interesting that Collingwood went with Sier first pick given he was training with us. Given his similar background to Bont, maybe they couldn't stand us beating them to the punch again and pulled the trigger early?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Interesting that Collingwood went with Sier first pick given he was training with us. Given his similar background to Bont, maybe they couldn't stand us beating them to the punch again and pulled the trigger early?
    They were probably hoping he'd sneak into the rookie draft but had their hand forced when he started training with us
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Photo's of the new recruits next to established players please so we can get a guage on size and height.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I will be there
    Put us all out of our misery. Take a tape measure. Take some scales. Get Zaine's vital stats.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

16. Likes boydogs, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    Put us all out of our misery. Take a tape measure. Take some scales. Get Zaine's vital stats.
    If I get an opportunity I will definitely ask him F'scray.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    If I get an opportunity I will definitely ask him F'scray.
    Word it delicately B4L. If you straight out ask him for his vital stats, he might get the wrong idea.