Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

Upcoming event with Western Bulldogs & Fighting Violence Against Women

I received an email from White Ribbon today advising of a BBQ event at Etihad Stadium on Wednesday 25 November 4.30 to 7.30. It just happens my/our doggies are involved!! You can go along for $20 and $10 for kids to show support for our dogs and my, your and our commitment to end violence against women.

However, for $40 and $20 for kids you can get an all access pass behind the scenes, mingle with players and coaches and get a tour of our home game rooms and so forth. With the draft the day before it might be the best and fastest feedback of our draft night. These tickets are strictly limited!!

Safe to say I just booked my ticket for some BBQ & beveridges (no pun intended) and meeting bulldog players, coaches and draft info access for $40 to be spent to end the societal scourge of violence against women. Hoping to see the Bonts up close leading the charge. If this sounds like your thing the tickets have been up for sale today so get in fast if you want the all access tickets here:

http://www.whiteribbon.org.au/events...ribbon-day-bbq
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 14-11-2015 at 01:00 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Twodogs, bornadog, Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Upcoming event with Western Bulldogs & Fighting Violence Against Women

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I received an email from White Ribbon today advising of a BBQ event at Etihad Stadium on Wednesday 25 November 4.30 to 7.30. It just happens my/our doggies are involved!! You can go along for $20 and $10 for kids to show support for our dogs and my, your and our commitment to end violence against women.

However, for $40 and $20 for kids you can get an all access pass behind the scenes, mingle with players and coaches and get a tour of our home game rooms and so forth. With the draft the day before it might be the best and fastest feedback of our draft night. These tickets are strictly limited!!

Safe to say I just booked my ticket for some BBQ & beveridges (no pun intended) and meeting bulldog players, coaches and draft info access for $40 to be spent to end the societal scourge of violence against women. Hoping to see the Bonts up close leading the charge. If this sounds like your thing the tickets have been up for sale today so get in fast if you want the all access tickets here:

http://hit is extra incenttp://www.w...ribbon-day-bbq
    Thanks BT my wife and I are both supporters of White Ribbon Day and seeing the doggies are involved too it is a bonus. Tickets bought already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Thanks BT my wife and I are both supporters of White Ribbon Day and seeing the doggies are involved too it is a bonus. Tickets bought already.
    Cool. Isn't it great when two passions merge into one something great? They say there's a big announcement at the end. I wonder what our club and/or our boys might be doing for WR?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Isn't it great when two passions merge into one something great? They say there's a big announcement at the end. I wonder what our club and/or our boys might be doing for WR?
    Yes it is great. I knew nothing about the event until you posted. Hopefully the Club will be spruiking it from the roof tops.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yes it is great. I knew nothing about the event until you posted. Hopefully the Club will be spruiking it from the roof tops.
    I know most things before the club... Cough, Tom Boyd, Cough...

7. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I know most things before the club... Cough, Tom Boyd, Cough...

Hang on. Are you Tom Boyd?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Hang on. Are you Tom Boyd?
    By day, during the week I'm a a regular internet news person, but on the weekend and some Friday nights now I am Tom Boyd. But no one recognises me here because I wear unneeded optical glasses when posting. How did you catch me out? I will have to turn the axis of the earth backwards and you will lose your memory of this information.

Post Thanks / Like

By day, during the week I'm a a regular internet news person, but on the weekend and some Friday nights now I am Tom Boyd. But no one recognises me here because I wear unneeded optical glasses when posting. How did you catch me out? I will have to turn the axis of the earth backwards and you will lose your memory of this information.
    Stop it Zaine
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Stop it Zaine
    No you stop it Jarrad, aka 'Missy' Grant

How do you find time to post so much and then start other accounts? No wonder Bevo didn't think you were paying attention in team meetings this year.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Link

Bulldogs fans will have the pre-season chance to meet some of their Bulldogs heroes next Wednesday afternoon at the White Ribbon Day BBQ at Etihad Stadium.

Senior Coach Luke Beveridge will be joined by players Matthew Boyd, Dale Morris, Mitch Wallis, Fletcher Roberts, Marcus Bontempelli and Lukas Webb at the event, which will raise money for White Ribbon.

The coach and players will be signing autographs at the event, and will also provide exclusive behind-the-scenes tours of the Bulldogs changing rooms at Etihad Stadium, walking fans through their match-day inner sanctum and discussing their pre-match routines.

Admittance to the White Ribbon Day BBQ also includes a gourmet barbeque dinner and soft drink.

TICKETS: Bulldogs Members, click here download your free ticket. For non-members, click here to purchase your ticket.

Bulldogs mascots ‘The Pack’ will also be in attendance, with plenty of kids activities and giveaways in the Bulldogs Fan Zone.

Bulldogs members will have free access to the event, with admittance to the inner-sanctum tour via a $10 donation for children, and $20 for adults.
    All proceeds from the event go direct to White Ribbon and supporting their work in the community.
    The Bulldogs relationship with White Ribbon stems from the work of the Club’s ground breaking Sons of the West men’s health program – which features sessions on helping men recognise the importance of taking responsibility and playing a leadership role in preventing men’s violence against women.

White Ribbon is the world’s largest movement of men and boys working together to end men’s violence against women and girls and to promote gender equity, healthy relationships and a new vision of masculinity.

White Ribbon Day BBQ
    Where:
    Etihad Stadium
    When: 4.30pm – 7.30pm, Wednesday, 25 November 2015
    Cost: Bulldogs Members – FREE; Adults Non Members $20, Non Member Children $10.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Good crowd already. Army presence and family violence commissioner Greg Davies about. I'm hoping Collins gets a late invite.

Post Thanks / Like

Had a blast, will give some (but not all) stuff later. Gotta respect the trust and honesty of some stuff. They packed us in the main room in the change rooms where Bevo addresses the players and had question and answers from us to Bevo and players. Best $20 I've spent I reckon.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree just got home...well spent $20!

Post Thanks / Like

It was great to see the club take the lead and host a game next year to raise awareness. 9,000 injured women in the western suburbs is as our CEO said, unacceptable. I'd recommend the event next year, they provided actually very good food, and included bottomless barista made coffee and soft drinks. Then if you made the extra donation you got a tour of the change rooms and two seperate Q&As in the main coach address room with Bevo and two players. About 15 minutes each time, and when news cameras left the answers were really good, honest and interesting. Being packed into the room and freedom to ask any question with other die hards was kind of fun.

It's probably easier to ask me any questions that I can recall the answers to, but the easiest one was the draft. As measured Bevo says we need to wait a few years to really know, but he is happy. He mentioned that as you do, you talk about who is left approaching your picks and they couldn't believe Keiran Collins was there approaching late teens. When they heard Hawthorn announce "... Kieron ..." they thought he was gone. Pointed to Dal's comments that we are very happy to have him. Overall happy that our talent list matches our needs list, as some years it doesn't. This year it did.

18. Thanks N/A thanked for this post