Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sucker for Punishmemt?

2009 Pre-lim on Fox Footy just started. I've not watched this game back.

I'm tuning in to get angry, everyone remembers the Lake free but the Hargrave free when he disposed of it 3 seconds earlier legally and then they scored their first goal annoys me more. As Col Elliot says, we was bloody robbed by hey you bloody mug.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sucker for Punishmemt?

While your watching have a look at the shot at goal by Eagleton that was punched back in and called play on (I think 2nd quarter). From the stand I thought it was over the line, but nobody ever questioned it.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't remember stuffing up so many early shots. 4 or 5 misses. Needed Barry Hall about now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    While your watching have a look at the shot at goal by Eagleton that was punched back in and called play on (I think 2nd quarter). From the stand I thought it was over the line, but nobody ever questioned it.
    Will do, and wonder if the review system would've overruled the last goal of theirs. I love Daniel Cross even more so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't do it.
    The curse is dead.

7. Likes bulldogtragic, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There was a clear on the full against them, but boundary umpire said Riewoldt touched it... Over the bloody line though...

Post Thanks / Like

Gryphon missed two relatively easy goals in the first. Didn't remember that. The kids Ward and Harbrow look like good sorts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Gryphon missed two relatively easy goals in the first. Didn't remember that. The kids Ward and Harbrow look like good sorts.
    I remember those.

You've got me. Not able to watch it now, but have set to record on the app.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

We took Ayce Cordy and didn't take the trade for Barry Hall. He'd have 3.0 by now. We just had one weakness in the first quarter.

Post Thanks / Like

As good as he was in most of his finals with us, this was always a huge weakness of his.

IIRC he went at about 30% DE v Collingwood in the 2010 QF too.

For somebody with such good skills, he sprays a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

There was a clear on the full against them, but boundary umpire said Riewoldt touched it... Over the bloody line though...

Yep, I remember that. The cry baby was in the front row seats when he touched it.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

What did Clayton say when he drafted him...The best kick in the "world" was another of his insightful expressions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that Hargrave free kick is akin to a football war crime. He clearly kicks the ball, a second, then holding it.

Post Thanks / Like

A new fun fact. That same ar$e wipe of an umpire paid a free kick against Lake half way through the second quarter when they touched arms and Riewoldt slipped or dived. Was every bit as weak, but not in the goal square. You know the umpiring as bad when Cometti & Buckley are saying every 5 minutes 'that wasn't a free' or 'that is just a clear mistake by the umpire.

Starting to feel that conspiracy theorist feeling even more now. Only thing is 23 inside 50's to us half way in the second for 3 goals...

Post Thanks / Like

So Ward got punched in the head... "Play on, play on".