Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sucker for Punishmemt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    While your watching have a look at the shot at goal by Eagleton that was punched back in and called play on (I think 2nd quarter). From the stand I thought it was over the line, but nobody ever questioned it.
    6.30 left in the second. Yep, about 50-60cm over the goal line. Clear goal. I'm learning more ways we were screwed. Conspiracy theory now fact.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    6.30 left in the second. Yep, about 50-60cm over the goal line. Clear goal. I'm learning more ways we were screwed. Conspiracy theory now fact.
    You are giving me a giggle BT.

Post Thanks / Like

Still outrageous after half time. Kosi made more contact remonstrating on Lake.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    You are giving me a giggle BT.
    I do what I can my friend

6. Likes Bulldog4life, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ward was tackled over the boundary line, maybe half a second before the line. Razor paid holding the ball even though the ball was dead and no prior???? I thought this might be therapeutic in a weird way... Nope.

Post Thanks / Like

I learned something else. This is the worst game Brad Johnson has ever played. Ever despite a cheapy in the pocket just now.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Jarrad Grant could've been the difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Murphy ran at the man on the mark, straight line, and was called play on? When commentators are saying they don't understand the umpires.... Oh, they got the turnover and kicked a goal to lead at 3/4 time.

I think I have enough indisputable evidence to show match rigging occurred 100%. Best I go to the AFL Integrity Unit.

11. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cometti: Ben Hudson could almost got a free there (hit in the head twice)...

Update: He didn't get a free.

13. Likes craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the only game I've ever watched live and thought there's no way a fix wasn't in.
    Last edited by jeemak; 20-11-2015 at 02:21 AM.

15. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tim Callan was in it too. Turned his back after a mark when Akermanis was free to set up a scoring shot. Turned his back FFS. I knew someone from our inner sanctum was in on it. AFL Integrity Unit here I come (to be ignored and derided).

The Akermanis deliberate free was there, he should've gone in board.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    This is the only game I've ever watched live and thought there's not way a fix wasn't in.
    It just felt like we could never win, regardless of what we did.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

18. Likes Drunken Bum, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was sitting behind Gia that night, and gee he was stiff to miss with 3 minutes to go it was a good kick.

Harbrow was massive that night.

Post Thanks / Like

The whole team was massive that night.

The AFL let its pants down big time and backed the wrong pony. We'd have won in the wet the following week.

21. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good news, the goal review system would've overturned their last goal. Lake's wrist nearly snapped off on the replay.