Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  83
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: The Ride

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ride

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Have done a search and doesn't look like it.

Cheers.

I might wait a few weeks....

Post Thanks / Like

Mine arrived yesterday. Watched it last night. A lot of footage from "The Ride" went into it, but as sporting doco's go, I loved it. But hey, bias may have played a part. It was hard not to get choked up at times as past heroes spoke of missed opportunities in our club's history, but no doubt the hardest part was the emotion shown by our playing group and Bevo.

I love this footy club and 2018 can't come soon enough.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

3. Likes bornadog, Bulldog4life, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Got this today:

Plan to watch this on Friday night. Haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Gives me something to look forward to
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Plan to watch this on Friday night. Haven't had the chance to watch it yet. Gives me something to look forward to
    Have some tissues handy.

6. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Have some tissues handy.
    For tears or...
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

8. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Likes Doggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh please. Minds. In. The Gutter.

Don't sully our spiritual experience with your filth

10. Likes bornadog, Daughter of the West liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just finished watching 'Outsiders'. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The interviews were very good and it really takes you into the inner sanctum of the club during this great rise to our premiership success. Will definitely watch again and again. It makes me so proud being a Doggies supporter.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Have some tissues handy.
    This weekend The Outsiders was shown in Perth at the cinema. I was so thankful they did this for us (we always miss out over here). I knew what to expect with the comments here on WOOF and the extended clip on the website ... I still cried like a baby. And I wasn’t the only one. There was a sixty(ish) year old man in front of me doing exactly the same.

Great doco ... very well done !! As Molly would say “Do yourself a favour”. Great Xmas present !!
    WOOF Member 422

14. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Watched the full documentary The Ride again the other night, which was basically about 2015 and Bevo's first year.

It is interesting to go back and watch it. Some of the things that are said by PG, Bob, Bevo etc. Also the style of play that year was just incredible.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Watched the full documentary The Ride again the other night, which was basically about 2015 and Bevo's first year.

It is interesting to go back and watch it. Some of the things that are said by PG, Bob, Bevo etc. Also the style of play that year was just incredible.
    Just finished watching it again now, tomorrow night couple of ales whilst watching the Outsiders.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump

Yeah I still think we were a better team in 15 than 16 in the regular season, we played some of the clubs best football that year. Its interesting people kept mentioning it to me yesterday how the Bulldogs, Richmond and Collingwood came from 13th to win a flag. For some reason that season seem to get forgotten about, we should have beaten Adelaide in that first final and who knows? I'll never forget the forward line of Dickson, Stringer and Crameri it just felt like we could kick a big score week in week out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Yeah I still think we were a better team in 15 than 16 in the regular season, we played some of the clubs best football that year. Its interesting people kept mentioning it to me yesterday how the Bulldogs, Richmond and Collingwood came from 13th to win a flag. For some reason that season seem to get forgotten about, we should have beaten Adelaide in that first final and who knows? I'll never forget the forward line of Dickson, Stringer and Crameri it just felt like we could kick a big score week in week out.
    and don't forget Jarrad Grant

That elimination final was there for the taking. There was that moment when Hunter had the ball, and all he had to do was handball it over the top of a Crows player to Grant running into an open goal and he fluffed the handball. Then the Crows took it away, and Roberts pushed over like a two year old by Tex on the wing and the rest is history.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.