Thread: The Ride

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ride

Laurie Sandilands

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post
    I went to the 4.45 session and after the obligatory tears, went to the local Grill'd burger joint with a companion. As we entered the doors, I said to her "it would be good if Stringer got to see the film" (thinking it might convince him to stay), when lo and behold, there he was having a burger with a friend!

Am wondering now if he actually went to an earlier session after all. It certainly was an interesting spot to have something to eat given the proximity to the Sun Theatre and what was going on there on Friday.

When Jake left I mumbled something about him being the best number 9 to have played for the dogs....would have preferred to have said nothing after the HS article today.
    I don't think it's a matter of Jake getting to decide whether he wants to stay or leave, now.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's talk about Jake in one of the Jake threads on the Jake board.

But you're right.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Given leaving jake to the jake thread, I re watched the original "the ride" today, there is a part in the middle with Jake and his very new family, he speaks about how much his family means to him.

Then his words and I quote directly "Wow I'm all about this club, you know this is the club you want to stay at for the rest of your life at, you don't want to move away from"

I know things change, but gosh talk about chalk and cheese.

I think that's what makes these documentaries even more amazing. Congrats again to all involved, these snapshots are incredible and very powerful

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    Given leaving jake to the jake thread, I re watched the original "the ride" today, there is a part in the middle with Jake and his very new family, he speaks about how much his family means to him.

Then his words and I quote directly "Wow I'm all about this club, you know this is the club you want to stay at for the rest of your life at, you don't want to move away from"

I know things change, but gosh talk about chalk and cheese.

I think that's what makes these documentaries even more amazing. Congrats again to all involved, these snapshots are incredible and very powerful
    You have to question if he was being genuine then or just paying lip service to the camera. This is the same person who even 12 months ago quite openly stated that he'd explore free agency when the time came.

My last word on Stringer on this thread: he's full of **** and always has been.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the movie tonight at the Sun and thoroughly enjoyed it. Emotional, funny and inspiring.

If you get the chance go and see it on the big screen.

I took my Richmond supporting girlfriend who thought we were going to see the 80's brat pack movie!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outsiders_(film)

9. Likes Twodogs, N/A, Eastdog, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Doc26 and I went to see the Outsiders today at the Sun Theatre and it is brilliant. The show runs for 2 hours and is based on the 2015 season and 2016 Premiership year. This is a must see for all WB fans. The Sun will continue to run it this Mon, Tues and Wed at 1.20pm. If you can make it you will not be disappointed.

11. Likes Raw Toast, Eastdog, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For any Perthies that dont know, dec 9th/10th warwick cinema also bunbury

https://www.grandcinemas.com.au/Movi...<br /> <br />23658375_885560931593057_4388683131889914827_n.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the DVDs were meant to be out by now?

Post Thanks / Like

I think the club said they would come out in Mid November the Outsiders DVD's. My Outsiders DVD is expected to arrive on Monday. Got an email last night saying that it has been shipped and it's on the way.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    I thought the DVDs were meant to be out by now?
    I can't see any options for Blu-Ray? Do you know if it is released in Blu-Ray?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can't see any options for Blu-Ray? Do you know if it is released in Blu-Ray?
    No blu ray :/ but I am buying it anyway ...
    Thanks I chose pick-up, and will be at the club on Wednesday anyway so hopefully can grab it then.

Post Thanks / Like

Got this today:

"Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

$45 for a DVD including delivery?

Ouch

Will this be available in any stores?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Throughandthrough View Post
    $45 for a DVD including delivery?

Ouch

Will this be available in any stores?
    Have done a search and doesn't look like it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.