Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  76
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dustin Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Martin

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-12-07/...tion.mobileapp

Glad this bloke doesn't play for our Club!

Will be interesting to see what comes of this given it seems to have a number of implications, including violence against women.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dustin Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Will be interesting to see what comes of this given it seems to have a number of implications, including violence against women.
    I'm sure the AFL Integrity Unit will investigate the matter... I dare anyone to hold their breath waiting for anything resembling accountability.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

I've been following some discussions on Twitter. A few people seem to think because he has apologised it should be enough and one or two others seem to think she has accepted the apology. A couple of others seem to think that because he was intoxicated it sort of lessens the severity. How's the standard in society at the moment?

Even a guy in the media's main comment was that he was surprised Martin could get a table at the restaurant.

Here is a tip for the Richmond footy club, being drunk is not an excuse and making an apology does not lessen the severity of the act.
    This is a time for the club to set some standards.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes bornadog, Drunken Bum, 1eyedog, Scraggers liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL will investigate and place a ban on chopsticks at all venues henceforth. Problem solved.

6. Likes Drunken Bum, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I've been following some discussions on Twitter. A few people seem to think because he has apologised it should be enough and one or two others seem to think she has accepted the apology. A couple of others seem to think that because he was intoxicated it sort of lessens the severity. How's the standard in society at the moment?

Even a guy in the media's main comment was that he was surprised Martin could get a table at the restaurant.

Here is a tip for the Richmond footy club, being drunk is not an excuse and making an apology does not lessen the severity of the act.
    Will be interesting to see what the club does
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the chopsticks have been lost and cannot be interviewed or examined.

Consequently there is no case to answer.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

9. Likes Greystache, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I can't say I'm surprised at the media/social-media reaction.
    Being drunk is certainly not an excuse, and the line that gets trotted 'If anything I have done has caused anyone to feel threatened...' - please. I'm sure the intimidatory threats of stabbing her in the face and punching the wall were not intended in such a manner.

If the AFL and/or Richmond stand for anything, this should result in a significant sanction. I don't know what a 'significant sanction' equates to in AFL circles, but if the AFL are serious about issues relating to violence against women, alcohol abuse and whatever the reference to 'continually going in and out of the bathroom' is, then something big needs to happen.

11. Likes Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently the girl was only joking

13. Likes azabob, Dry Rot, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank Christ that Pinhead isn't at our club.

What a poor excuse for a human being.

Such a big tough macho man to be intimadating and threatening a woman with physical violence.

You make me SICK.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 07-12-2015 at 10:14 PM. Reason: spelling

15. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he did apologise. I can't see the word sorry anywhere.l

"Regrettably, I was intoxicated and that in itself is completely unacceptable," Martin said.

"I do however take responsibility for my behaviour and I am deeply embarrassed.

"If anything I have said or done has caused anyone to feel threatened then that is totally inappropriate."
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alcohol doesn't make you change your personality, if anything it shows what you are really like.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Alcohol doesn't make you change your personality, if anything it shows what you are really like.

Dead right.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne Carey should have taken out a patent on the scripted faux-apology - he would be a multi-billionaire by now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I asked this question to a person who owns a bar the other day. She disagreed.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I don't think he did apologise. I can't see the word sorry anywhere.l

"Regrettably, I was intoxicated and that in itself is completely unacceptable," Martin said.

"I do however take responsibility for my behaviour and I am deeply embarrassed.

"If anything I have said or done has caused anyone to feel threatened then that is totally inappropriate."
    This is also in the article

"The Tigers said on Monday afternoon Martin's apology to the woman had since been accepted. "
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"