Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  76
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dustin Martin

Threatening to stab a woman in the face, in a public place, a restaurant no less. Then slamming the wall behind her head because she's going to 'dob' on you. What a pathetic act of thuggery. He really comes from very very bad stock and I just wonder what stupid thick advice his father has given him since childhood. This is VERY serious in my opinion. Imagine what he'd be like without all the disciplines and education he gets in an AFL environment. Great player, but just trouble on a stick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Threatening to stab a woman in the face, in a public place, a restaurant no less. Then slamming the wall behind her head because she's going to 'dob' on you. What a pathetic act of thuggery. He really comes from very very bad stock and I just wonder what stupid thick advice his father has given him since childhood. This is VERY serious in my opinion. Imagine what he'd be like without all the disciplines and education he gets in an AFL environment. Great player, but just trouble on a stick.
    I wonder if a male had of stepped in if he would have thumped them one? I wouldn't be surprised, he is a low scum bag.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What a shit bloke he is .
    Richmonds response was insipid to say the least .
    I suggest anyone watching hitting home that was on the ABC a few weeks back .
    Domestic violence and violence against women is a shame on society .
    Clubs give lip service to all this, and if it's a key player they'll go lenient on the player

Post Thanks / Like

A hiccup?

Really, Richmond? If that's the best they can do, that's very disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe not 12 months as KB had suggested, but anything short if a significant sanction would be disgraceful.

This is a disgusting and pitiful act. Martin needs a reminder of the priveliged situation he finds himself in.

Post Thanks / Like

I would consider 12 months, while it maybe harsh, to be a appropriate penalty. He should miss matches at the very least. It was a horrifying thing to do.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with KB. 12 months.

You know this is so typical of domestic violence.

"I'm gonna f%$#ing kill ya"

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"

"I'm sorry"................you get the picture.

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite on topic, but related: I read a horrific article in this week's Good Weekend -- apparently an episode of attempted strangulation is a huge warning sign. Women who have suffered attempted strangulation by their partner are something like 800% more likely to end up being murdered by him.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no excuse for violence against women. Dustin will receive a wrap on the knuckles and a fine ... that is all. He is an integral part of Richmond's success and therefore cannot receive anything greater than that. The only players/coaches et al that receive appropriate sanctions are peripheral players/coaches.
    Case(s) in point:-
    Collingwood's pair Lachie Keefe and Josh Thomas (illicit drugs)
    St. Kilda's Ahmed Saad (energy drink)
    Fremantle's Ryan Crowley (pain killer)
    GWS recruiter Paul Brodie (multi-bet)

None of these were 'required' players/coaches and therefore felt the full power or the law. Martin is a required player
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Where would you put Libba in that list, Scraggers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    ML, let's get one thing straight. Liberatore did not test positive to anything. He was caught with an illicit drug and was only suspended because the club chose to.

The Collingwood boys were suspended because of performance enhancing drugs, no illicit drugs.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point ... in 2012 he was given one strike by the AFL and suspended for the remainder of the season by the Bulldogs. (not a big sanction considering our ladder position that year). Earlier this year he missed appointments which put him back on the radar; there is no (overt) evidence that he relapsed with drugs, but again he was sanctioned by the club. I have no issue with the way he was dealt with ... swift and firm.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Not quite on topic, but related: I read a horrific article in this week's Good Weekend -- apparently an episode of attempted strangulation is a huge warning sign. Women who have suffered attempted strangulation by their partner are something like 800% more likely to end up being murdered by him.

That's a shocking stat. 800% is a lot.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Not disputing the facts, Aza, just taking note of the way the club handled it at the time (fwiw, I thought it was an appropriate sanction).

But it's interesting to wonder if the approach would have been different if we'd been seriously challenging at the time.