Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  76
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dustin Martin

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's interesting but somewhat predictable to read so many Richmond supporters defending Martin's actions. It seems many of them think she should have never requested him to quieten down and that act alone somehow forced Martins actions.
    Given I was reading the lady in question is upset with the way the AFL have been handling the investigation and that in her opinion they are trying to get her to water down her comments I suspect we won't see much of a penalty coming Martin's way.

I think there is a fair chance that the penalty will now be a couple of NAB cup games and a fine.
    Does the fact the woman is a channel 7 employee, and she went directly to the club to seek some sort of penalty, change the story?
    Personally I cannot stand Dustin Martin, but someone has the right the innocent until proven guilty. And I don't trust reporters, or Richmond, or the AFL for that matter.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Does the fact the woman is a channel 7 employee, and she went directly to the club to seek some sort of penalty, change the story?
    Personally I cannot stand Dustin Martin, but someone has the right the innocent until proven guilty. And I don't trust reporters, or Richmond, or the AFL for that matter.
    How does it change the story? Going to a persons place of employment is becoming quite common.

Should be sacked but with the money involved that ain't happen, hopefully 12 month suspension

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere that the person has withdrawn their allegation, is that right?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

It's time for the AFL to walk the talk, says White Ribbon

AFL players charged with violence against women should be stood down from playing or training until the matter is resolved, White Ribbon Australia says.
    Chief executive Libby Davies made it clear she could not comment on individual players or cases, but speaking in general terms she said the AFL still had a way to go to demonstrate consistency on these matters, regardless of the quality of the player.

story continues here

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If he has apologised for his actions I don't think there is any doubt to her story. I've also seen some grainey snapchat footage and a mate was trying to pull him back.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I read somewhere that the person has withdrawn their allegation, is that right?
    News to me

Post Thanks / Like

News to me
    I haven't heard anymore about it and there's nothing on any of the news services. I must have heard wrong.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

If he has apologised for his actions I don't think there is any doubt to her story. I've also seen some grainey snapchat footage and a mate was trying to pull him back.
    Players have the right to due process, like everyone else. Many had hung Majak Daw out to dry before he was given his day in court. Innocent until proven guilty was the way. Without a doubt Dustin Martin is villan most likely. One would hope he would have the courage to self-ban himself, if true. Put his hand up, 'yes I did the wrong thing', have a break. Hoping too much I guess. A gesture of a donation towards Anti-violence campaign might be a smart move.

Ugly player, my vote for biggest 'tool' persona in AFL, personally speaking. However, nobody else is banned from going to work while they are under investigation. Why does White Ribbon think AFL players should be otherwise?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Players have the right to due process, like everyone else. Many had hung Majak Daw out to dry before he was given his day in court. Innocent until proven guilty was the way. Without a doubt Dustin Martin is villan most likely. One would hope he would have the courage to self-ban himself, if true. Put his hand up, 'yes I did the wrong thing', have a break. Hoping too much I guess. A gesture of a donation towards Anti-violence campaign might be a smart move.

Ugly player, my vote for biggest 'tool' persona in AFL, personally speaking. However, nobody else is banned from going to work while they are under investigation. Why does White Ribbon think AFL players should be otherwise?
    As an example Daw claimed he was innocent. Martin however has apologised so therefore in my opinion his guilt has been established.
    Had he come out and said I never made that threatening gesture then yes he should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

As an example Daw claimed he was innocent. Martin however has apologised so therefore in my opinion his guilt has been established.
    Had he come out and said I never made that threatening gesture then yes he should be given the benefit of the doubt.
    Maybe, but exactly how serious was the threat, which relates to the punishment? It's really up to a thorough investigation to determine by an independent party. By going to the club, how is it supposed to be independent? can't imagine a situation where if someone threatened to kill me, I would go to their employer.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 14-12-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, but exactly how serious was the threat, which relates to the punishment? It's really up to a thorough investigation to determine by an independent party. By going to the club, how is it supposed to be independent? can't imagine a situation where if someone threatened to kill me, I would go to their employer.
    He had a mate trying to pull him back from the confrontation. At the very least his mate saw it as serious.

I get the point you are making but the evidence is overwhelming at this stage. Had Martin chosen to challenge even part of her of her claims I'd take a more wait and see approach. Hopefully the police are involved now.

Post Thanks / Like

He had a mate trying to pull him back from the confrontation. At the very least his mate saw it as serious.

I get the point you are making but the evidence is overwhelming at this stage. Had Martin chosen to challenge even part of her of her claims I'd take a more wait and see approach. Hopefully the police are involved now.
    Fair enough - I see your point too, but prefer to leave it to the professionals. Not seen any video yet either. That guy is just begging for a big slice of humble pie. stoopid. I just hate it when AFL footballers get treated differently from ordinary people. Why should they?

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough - I see your point too, but prefer to leave it to the professionals. Not seen any video yet either. That guy is just begging for a big slice of humble pie. stoopid. I just hate it when AFL footballers get treated differently from ordinary people. Why should they?
    Had this discussion with my 2 brothers who know Dustin quite well and played the poor victim card like this. The fact he's an AFL footballer has kept him out if big trouble on more than one occasion. He's no victim here, the girl he threatened is. Hes just another idiot who thinks they're above the law because they play AFL football. It's time the AFL stepped up and made some tough decisions to change the poor culture which us hidden away under lock and key.

Post Thanks / Like

And there is the Stereosonic factor.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

15. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    And there is the Stereosonic factor.
    I haven't been to one for very very good reasons. Way too many heroes.