Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Martin

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dustin Martin

I actually thought it was the stereophonics initially
    Me silly.

Post Thanks / Like

Once you've seen it it's pretty hard to get it wrong. Roided up wankers in their element.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Had this discussion with my 2 brothers who know Dustin quite well and played the poor victim card like this. The fact he's an AFL footballer has kept him out if big trouble on more than one occasion. He's no victim here, the girl he threatened is. Hes just another idiot who thinks they're above the law because they play AFL football. It's time the AFL stepped up and made some tough decisions to change the poor culture which us hidden away under lock and key.
    Saying that, things are a lot better than the 80's or 90's. But no rest on that point. Must improve. Recent report on sexual harassment in the force was awful.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

The Dustin Martin conversation has gone very quiet ... Richmond said sanctions by end of week (last week) and AFL and Vic Police said they're looking in to it.

I'm Talia-ing you ... Me thinks another cover-up is brewing !!

We need someone with better computer skills than mine to mock-up an AFL Rug Doctors meme. We'll sweep anything under the rug !!
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Once you've seen it it's pretty hard to get it wrong. Roided up wankers in their element.

You want to be one of those guys don't you.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...12-glm4cn.html

Article particularly addresses AFL integrity unit and their propensity to balls things up. Good final paragraph.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...12-glm4cn.html

Article particularly addresses AFL integrity unit and their propensity to balls things up. Good final paragraph.
    Not a bad article, but still falls a little short of the mark for me.

Regardless of the final determination by the police, and perhaps subsequently, the judiciary, this matter has involved incredibly serious allegations which relate to a very important, nation-wide issue and one that the AFL has declared a very public, very firm stance on.

Due to the above, I am left concerned by the laissez faire approach that Richmond, and the AFL, have seemingly taken. The allegations themselves warranted a bigger, firmer response. Not anything particularly in relation to Martin, but that the allegations themselves demanded a process be followed, a thorough investigation, and that after that, an outcome would follow. The police intervention has saved face for a lot of earlier commentators and those inside the RFC, and AFL who made public statements, or alternatively, did not make statements or make the statements which were warranted in the circumstances. Succinctly put, they made rash, brand focus statements with no care for their key stakeholders and the broader football community (not to mention, society).

For mine, the allegations against Martin (whilst they remain of significance) are not the entire story. The lack of meaningful, considered response speaks the loudest. If you are serious about an issue, let your actions speak. AFL, Integrity Unit, RFC, I do not care....the buck stops with you and you have failed to adhere to the standards you promote and have promised to deliver on.

I hope someone takes them to town, and that the someone is not a (sports) journalist.

Post Thanks / Like

Mate, I get where you're coming from, but I think you make a mistake in suggesting they didn't act with care for their key stakeholders.

Basically the AFL doesn't view anything other than its brand, its media partners or sponsors as key stakeholders.

It's a quintessential example of how a business becomes too corporate oriented, and completely disengaged from the basis of its revenue source. Yes, the gambling, TV and media partners line the pockets, but someone needs to line the pockets of those partners. The AFL is assigning the responsibility of managing the base line out to its corporate partners, and it's a very high risk strategy, as the AFL is becoming a less and less relevant stakeholder in the process.

There's a good reason why the AFL thinks that cheaper pies make for a better footy experience for garden variety AFL fans. Practially, they can't leverage anything else. The TV networks tell them how they need to present the game, the gambling companies tell them how they need to present their advertising at the games. So at the end of the day, Joe Average is stuck eating a shit (but cheap - by Tokyo standards), watered down excuse of a pie with terrible TV coverage on silent at games, because gambling companies need to advertise at them.

All the while, if the commentary was turned up, Average Joe would hear stories of Dusty's redemption from being a perpetrator of male oriented violence to footy star, and Cameron Ling telling Bruce it's awesome that he sexualises indigenous players.

The code is genuinely out of control, confused, and ultimately ridiculous. If it wasn't for the Bulldogs and the emotional attachment I feel for them, I'd be out of it.

9. Thanks GVGjr, Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, Drunken Bum, Remi Moses, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Ugly player, my vote for biggest 'tool' persona in AFL, personally speaking. However, nobody else is banned from going to work while they are under investigation. Why does White Ribbon think AFL players should be otherwise?
    Im really not sure where you get all this talk from. Plenty are banned from working while under investigation for serious matters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

That certainly isn't a stereophonics gig

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    That certainly isn't a stereophonics gig
    My daughter told me the dance they are doing is called gabba or gabber. I had never heard of it before.

Post Thanks / Like

Gabber is a hardstyle EDM.

They're just being Muzza's. Muzza's started becoming prevalent in what would be called the more mainstream festivals circa 2003. Back then it was all about big groups of mainly men from various particular regions on the planet and occasionally their women folk congregating in big groups posing. It was mainly harmless until cocaine became more prevalent, then they started to take more steroids and more cocaine, so on and so forth and their behaviour became more aggressive.

Basically they'd either dance like male strippers, or in any way to make their muscles look big. Now from the video footage I've seen (as I don't go to those festivals any more) they try and dance like they do in the more trendier partst, but do it really really badly.

It should be noted that being a Muzza isn't really about where you are from, or what nationality you are. It's more of a philosophical thing these days. And, that's really important as it's where the likes of Dusty fit in.

Here's an excellent example of the angry, stripper dancing Muzza.

Post Thanks / Like

They look like cops to me. Especially the two at the back. I'm not saying they're on duty or anything but my spidey sense is tingling.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Martin chopstick investigation dropped

Chloe Booker
    Published: December 22, 2015 - 6:34PM

Victoria Police has dropped its investigation into Richmond's Dustin Martin threatening of a woman with a chopstick.

A spokeswoman said police would not take any action after the woman decided not to make a statement.

A Victoria Police statement said: "Detectives from Stonnington Criminal Investigation Unit have conducted an extensive investigation after reports a woman was threatened by a man at a Chapel Street restaurant in Windsor on 5 December.

"After reviewing CCTV footage and speaking to all parties involved, including numerous independent witnesses at the restaurant on the night, investigators determined that no criminal offence took place.

"Police take all reports of violence towards women seriously and investigate all complaints thoroughly."

This story was found at: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/du...22-gltn9k.html
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Unusually strong wording.

Typically you'd expect a statement such as insufficient evidence etc, but police have outright stated that in their determination "no criminal offence took place" (rather than; a criminal offence may have occurred, but we can't accumulate enough evidence to proceed).