Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Yearbook delivered today

Great touch listing Members who attended every game or every home game. I'm there
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

2. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Great touch listing Members who attended every game or every home game. I'm there
    Yet another list I'll never make it onto
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post

West Footscray to WO = 1.2km

Frankston to WO = Over 50km
    Made it the 600 kms to me a couple of days ago, Eastie
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

5. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great effort to those that attend all games but IMO it still should list every member.
    Possibly next issue they could have a section for members that have 10 year plus, 25 years plus etc.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Great effort to those that attend all games but IMO it still should list every member.
    Possibly next issue they could have a section for members that have 10 year plus, 25 years plus etc.
    That would be an even better touch. One issue they could list all 36,000 nearly but I'd imagine that would take a very very long time
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

There was a big painting on the wall next to the bulldog shop that was made up of every members name in 2014. It's been replaced since but it was pretty impressive.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    That would be an even better touch. One issue they could list all 36,000 nearly but I'd imagine that would take a very very long time
    Or a whole book!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Or a whole book!
    Yes you could right on that.

At least though it said 36,000+ of the best in there.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

I got in the yearbook this year for attending all home games, not that hard when your single and the kids are grown up
    And gone.
    I agree on the over ten year membership list. I'm 9 years straight this time round.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Yes KT31 idea of a 10 year membership list would be good as obviously putting every single Bulldog member in there would be great but take up a lot of time and space to do.

Post Thanks / Like

No one is going to read all the names anyway. Once you've found your own name, the fun is over!

15. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm note sure why people want to be acknowledged by the club just for joining up and attending games because isn't that what supporters are supposed to do when the can? It doesn't make me any better than someone who missed a game or never attended any games as long people join up.
    I got a text message from the club on the last home round of the home and away season thanking me for attending all the home games and it was a nice touch but if I never got it or never got a mention in the book it wouldn't disappoint me in the slightest.

Perhaps the club could have different merchandise available for people who have been members for over 10 years as part of their membership options.

It just sounds a little bit facebook inspired to expect the club to issue a book with every members name in it just for joining up. Maybe that might appeal to the youngsters though and the club could issue a 'Like' for those who want it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm note sure why people want to be acknowledged by the club just for joining up and attending games because isn't that what supporters are supposed to do when the can? It doesn't make me any better than someone who missed a game or never attended any games as long people join up.
    I got a text message from the club on the last home round of the home and away season thanking me for attending all the home games and it was a nice touch but if I never got it or never got a mention in the book it wouldn't disappoint me in the slightest.

Perhaps the club could have different merchandise available for people who have been members for over 10 years as part of their membership options.

It just sounds a little bit facebook inspired to expect the club to issue a book with every members name in it just for joining up. Maybe that might appeal to the youngsters though and the club could issue a 'Like' for those who want it.
    I spoke to the club a while back about that. There's just a few hurdles as clubs like Hawthorn do it. And when they did it (mailing out membership scarves with years of membership on it) their records system stuffed up a heap of records and lots and lots of their members wanted to return the scarves etc. because the wrong year was on some members stuff and it cost a bomb in time of the membership department and financial cost to reissue a heap of scarves. So being a small club it represents a great idea but also a great problem as some membership records may not be 100% so I've heard on the grapevine. Perhaps as you say G, a clothing/merchandise line from the store or online store might be an option that learns from the problems other clubs have had.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I spoke to the club a while back about that. There's just a few hurdles as clubs like Hawthorn do it. And when they did it (mailing out membership scarves with years of membership on it) their records system stuffed up a heap of records and lots and lots of their members wanted to return the scarves etc. because the wrong year was on some members stuff and it cost a bomb in time of the membership department and financial cost to reissue a heap of scarves. So being a small club it represents a great idea but also a great problem as some membership records may not be 100% so I've heard on the grapevine. Perhaps as you say G, a clothing/merchandise line from the store or online store might be an option that learns from the problems other clubs have had.
    On our membership card it does say member since " date" . I am happy with that.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    On our membership card it does say member since " date" . I am happy with that.
    Yes I like that too. Agree with GVG to be honest I'm not that fussed that every single member isn't named.