Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell you what.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tell you what.

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I couldn't get free from other commitments until about 5 minutes before the game. So I hit the pub, which is about 4 minutes from home.
    It's not far from my present home but I have to move. Hopefully not far.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I spent about a fortnight showing mates at work who hadn't watched the game those two highlight clips. The general response was a long, drawn out "Faaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrk..."
    Those two highlight packages are the best individual displays I have seen from a Bulldogs player since Adam Cooney collected a ball at knee level, before evading Lumumba, Ben Johnson and Wellingham by doing an accelerated Michael Jackson moonwalk as though he was on ice, including a 360 degree pirouette, which ended up resulting in a shot on goal against Collingwood in 2009 in the final round.

3. Likes F'scary, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We had enough moments throughout the year that gave me belief that when the chance comes up to make a flag that wags happen, we have players who want the ball and will make it hake it so. I know bad kicking cost us in the final, but there weren't any disastrous "what if" moments that are going to hang around in my mind like other years. I still expect these guys to be winners.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    We had enough moments throughout the year that gave me belief that when the chance comes up to make a flag that wags happen, we have players who want the ball and will make it hake it so. I know bad kicking cost us in the final, but there weren't any disastrous "what if" moments that are going to hang around in my mind like other years. I still expect these guys to be winners.
    They were quite a few by my account.

What if Bont had handballed to a free player rather than rushing a kick when we were a couple of points ahead.

What if Hunter had hit Crameri with a quite simple handball when he was running inside 50 with at least one free player ahead if him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

What if Bont had handballed to a free player rather than rushing a kick when we were a couple of points ahead.

What if Hunter had hit Crameri with a quite simple handball when he was running inside 50 with at least one free player ahead if him.
    Was it Jarryd Grant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Was it Jarryd Grant?
    Yeah running into an open goal. It's ok though because he would have missed anyway...
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

8. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

There was an instance when Stringer tried to do too much about 15 metres out directly in front with Mitch Wallis completely in the clear about 8 metres away.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Good thread! So many amazing moments last season!

Stringer kicking that snap 45 out from nowhere putting us up 8 points in the final quarter against the Crows.. Was the loudest roar from the Bulldog army for the year. Goosebumps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Good thread! So many amazing moments last season!

Stringer kicking that snap 45 out from nowhere putting us up 8 points in the final quarter against the Crows.. Was the loudest roar from the Bulldog army for the year. Goosebumps!
    Were you there for the VFL grand final that Footscray won? I never knew that a bulldog crowd could make that much noise. It was insanely brilliant, my best (and noisiest) footy experience ever.

In fact apart from my kids being born it was my best day ever, full stop, put down the glasses, no late entries will be consdered.

12. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Yeah running into an open goal. It's ok though because he would have missed anyway...
    To be fair on the run or snap he was very accurate. Just 95% of set shots missed. That was a big what if moment for the year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    To be fair on the run or snap he was very accurate. Just 95% of set shots missed. That was a big what if moment for the year.
    Loyal to the bitter end BT. I love it.

15. Likes jeemak liked this post