Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  49
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome back Libba 2016

I for one am just happy that Tom is ours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Perhaps more naturally talented Strebla and we know where you are coming from but there have been few more inspiring bulldogs than Tony - he was almost the living embodiment of what it means to be a Bulldog

Personally, hes among the most inspiring footballers I've ever seen - He'd been told so many times what he couldnt do - he had no right to consistently influence football games at his size, and opposition players feared him.
    You will not get an argument from me on that. I have been a member since 83 ant he is high in my top ten but young Tom is knocking on the door himself already. Never have so many youngsters made me salivate as our current crop but Tom is my favourite.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic to see Libba back. Such a great player - can't be understated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Fantastic to see Libba back. Such a great player - can't be understated.
    How much do his teammates love him? He seems like one of the most popular blokes at the club
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

5. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    How much do his teammates love him? He seems like one of the most popular blokes at the club
    I would walk a little taller knowing Libba has my back.. He goes to war everytime he steps onto the field.

Post Thanks / Like

How good was his pass to Stringer in the last quarter. Didn't kick to Stringer, kicked it to where Stringer would be. It was perfection.

During last season, one of our flaws as a team was that teams got run ons against us at times and put together successive goals. I think Libba will have a big say in us improving this/stamping this out. He is just so ruthless around the contest - just wants to win as much as anyone I've seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Well put BR. One of my favourite players ever in the red white and blue is Tony. I loved watching him play. Plus he won medals for the B & F for the whole league in the thirds, ressies and seniors. A very special player. Tom is great too and might eclipse his old man by the time he retires. Time will tell.
    Both will be greats of our club. Tom might just shade his Dad when it comes to team success.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

How olds Oliver?

Imagine having two Libbas running around for us. Going to be a nightmare for the opposition.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    How olds Oliver?

Imagine having two Libbas running around for us. Going to be a nightmare for the opposition.
    14 I think.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    14 I think.
    4 more seasons hey.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom is a much better player and I think Tony would be absolutely as proud as punch of him. We all want our kids to be better than ourselves don't we.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    How olds Oliver?

Maybe three

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Likes Bulldog Revolution, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I loved Libba back, I've also loved a few times this year he's kicked goals off one or two steps, like an NFL punter. With so many players able to play on the inside, I like Libba resting forward especially being able to do the above well and quickly in heavy traffic. It could be such a dangerous option to add into the forward mix.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He even played across half back for a while in the last half. A versatile player now is Tom.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I loved Libba back, I've also loved a few times this year he's kicked goals off one or two steps, like an NFL punter. With so many players able to play on the inside, I like Libba resting forward especially being able to do the above well and quickly in heavy traffic. It could be such a dangerous option to add into the forward mix.
    And again just now. He's fast becoming the expert punter off one or two steps.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023