Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  47
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One year ban for Crameri

Do the crime, do the time. It sucks, I feel for the guy, but on the other hand I feel more for the sport, and that's the important issue here.

2. Likes AndrewP6, kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I do feel for the players, given the lengthy drawn out process and the harsh punishment some 3 or so years later. They've suffered quite a bit already, it surprises me a little that they got whacked with this. Although I do think it's justified too, if that makes sense.

From our perspective, it's a big loss. Can only imagine how Stew must be feeling, will be a very very challenging year for him. I don't like that the players can't be around the club - should have been some slack given here - their welfare is important and outcasting them (particularly those at other clubs) is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel sorry for him but he really should have taken the plea when offered.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough for him, but for sport it is the right result. We knew the risk when we picked him up.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

List-wise, I think we've got the coverage for Stew. We should really only be concerned with his welfare. He can't be around the club in a professional capacity, I'm sure the boys can get around him and ensure he's kept in the family. Jake Stringer is on Twitter this morning voicing his support for his "brother", and I'd be confident he'd have many others as well all looking out for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the club does everything possible to look after his personal welfare away from footy. Come 2017, he will be cherry ripe to help us in our quest to go back-to-back.

8. Likes BornInDroopSt'54, Drunken Bum liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We can replace him with a rookie immediately. Adcock I imagine.

Wouldn't mind Jarrad Grant about now somewhere on the list. But I digress.

Who takes the spot, Redpath or Roughead resting forward? Roberts?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Likes Sedat, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bombers allowed to sign 10 new players and granted extra TPP ( Salary Cap ). Dogs, Saints, Power, Melbourne allowed rookie upgrade.

Post Thanks / Like

Should have taken the plea .
    Cronulla did,and the players would still be copping flak regardless of taking the plea or not.
    I'd guarantee fans would still be taking shots at the players .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Bombers allowed to sign 10 new players and granted extra TPP ( Salary Cap ). Dogs, Saints, Power, Melbourne allowed rookie upgrade.
    We should be allowed to sign one as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Exactly. Good point.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Port must be livid, they've lost 2 from their list. They did take the chance (with Ryder at least) but still would've expected to at least replace with a rookie. How is it that the club who are responsible will have a full list numerically next year, but others won't?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I agree. Port must be livid, they've lost 2 from their list. They did take the chance (with Ryder at least) but still would've expected to at least replace with a rookie. How is it that the club who are responsible will have a full list numerically next year, but others won't?
    Yep. That's what pisses me off. We're one down from a list number perspective. Port 2 down and Saints, Dees in the same boat. We also lose our welfare officer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    Essendon had 12 players suspended, will replace with 10 is my understanding.
    We're pretty thin for numbers with Smith and Smith out of action and Lynch and Goetz exceptionally green. Although it would take a pretty disastrous injury run to get there.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. That's what pisses me off. We're one down from a list number perspective. Port 2 down and Saints, Dees in the same boat. We also lose our welfare officer.
    Saints have paid dearly for Carlisle
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.