Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  11

View Poll Results: Who owns 'The Cheats'?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Essendon

10 83.33%
  • Carlton

2 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fun Facts :)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fun Facts :)

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Anyone who follows them is a person of poor character.
    Sorry but thats just crap.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

chef, while true, what you have posted here is not a fun fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Sorry but thats just crap.
    Essendon really have been treated gently when you consider that they've broken two pillars of what we love in a fair sporting contest. we're usually more harsh on salary cap cheats and thy are very lucky we are hypocrites when it comes to drugs in sport.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I love taunting Essendon supporters. They get very worked up.
    There is literally no comeback if a supporter is taunted about supporting Essendon. They are proven drug cheats and liars. Without question. They also did try to stop us getting into the VFL in 1924 through lies and deception. Their chickens have come back to roost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    There is literally no comeback if a supporter is taunted about supporting Essendon. They are proven drug cheats and liars. Without question. They also did try to stop us getting into the VFL in 1924 through lies and deception. Their chickens have come back to roost.
    They probably will though. I'm not sure how WD54 sees it, but in a past life I found the worst behaved, abusive and physically aggressive people at the footy were clearly Essendon fans, much worse than anyone else.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    They probably will though. I'm not sure how WD54 sees it, but in a past life I found the worst behaved, abusive and physically aggressive people at the footy were clearly Essendon fans, much worse than anyone else.
    True BT. Although I have had my run ins with a few North supporters over the years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    True BT. Although I have had my run ins with a few North supporters over the years.
    I think every scuffle I had to get involved in to stop punch ups, we're all Essendon. I recall one where two of had to split up 6 blokes punching on, we had several in hugs trying move split them, pushing and stopping their punches landing, and yet another Essendon fan started abusing the Sergeant and me get out of FN way because he couldn't see and we were in the way.....

But as for north, one game off duty, this massive meathead threatened to punch three young women. I was sitting next to them and getting worried about how I'd have to protect them being 1/3 this blokes size. Luckily when he made a loud threat saying he was a boxer and would harm them 6 other blokes a few rows back said he if he didn't stop they'd come down. And his team was winning, easily.

I don't understand why people go to the footy to engage in violence or threatening behaviour. I'm sure there was back in Western Oval days, but growing up at the ground I honestly didn't see any of this behaviour. The closest I recall was a 'black bomber' security guard who seriously coat hangered a 10 yo kid running onto the ground early, and a large contingent of adults including my old man arked up very spritely at this dickhead for flogging a little kid.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

7. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think every scuffle I had to get involved in to stop punch ups, we're all Essendon. I recall one where two of had to split up 6 blokes punching on, we had several in hugs trying move split them, pushing and stopping their punches landing, and yet another Essendon fan started abusing the Sergeant and me get out of FN way because he couldn't see and we were in the way.....

But as for north, one game off duty, this massive meathead threatened to punch three young women. I was sitting next to them and getting worried about how I'd have to protect them being 1/3 this blokes size. Luckily when he made a loud threat saying he was a boxer and would harm them 6 other blokes a few rows back said he if he didn't stop they'd come down. And his team was winning, easily.

I don't understand why people go to the footy to engage in violence or threatening behaviour. I'm sure there was back in Western Oval days, but growing up at the ground I honestly didn't see any of this behaviour. The closest I recall was a 'black bomber' security guard who seriously coat hangered a 10 yo kid running onto the ground early, and a large contingent of adults including my old man arked up very spritely at this dickhead for flogging a little kid.
    The great thing about our game is the very very small percentage of supporters fighting. I do recall a few blues in the past when I was a kid going to Western Oval, but these days nothing in it.

In the early 1980's we were playing North at Arden st and we lost. As we walked out the ground a bunch of North supporters starting taunting us, and one of my mates, who was normally quiet placid but had a few drinks that day, lost it. Next thing he was on top of one of these guys punching the hell out of him. We were shocked, but quickly broke it up. He was yelling at these guys saying things like the VFL handed them premierships, and they were a nothing team and lucky to be in the VFL.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Essendon supporters are very different to us. They are arrogant as well as the biggest whinging team when free kicks are not paid.
    Yep agree the are geographically local to us but they are as you said different types.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Only team in AFL history to win a premiership in a year that they breached the salary cap (1993).
    Only proven one.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't meet too many Carlton supporters who freely admit they were cheats. I call my Blues mates cheats and they laugh. Call an Essendon fan that and they are liable to go the knuckle.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    I don't meet too many Carlton supporters who freely admit they were cheats. I call my Blues mates cheats and they laugh. Call an Essendon fan that and they are liable to go the knuckle.
    Or squeal and scream like wild Banshee's.

Love stirring my Essendumb work colleagues up at work.
    There's nothing funnier then seeing them almost blow up about the fact that their Shitstained club are a disgrace to all sporting codes in this country.

Post Thanks / Like

Ask the Essendon supporters if they watched the interview the other night, most didn't and aren't interested, they have no defence now and just run into a corner and sulk.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Ask the Essendon supporters if they watched the interview the other night, most didn't and aren't interested, they have no defence now and just run into a corner and sulk.
    While rocking back and forth in the foetal position

Post Thanks / Like

North Melbourne in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you BT, they were especially feral when they played at Windy Hill.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.