Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Triple H - Heppell, Hurley, Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Pugz89 View Post
    Isn't Crameri good mates with Hooker? May put in a good word with him for us. Not sure we really need Heppell tbh. Hooker would be my #1 target, Hurls would be a bit behind him. As for the poster who posed picking up TBC, i'd take T Campbell ahead of him. Is only 24 and is already showing signs of becoming a decent ruck for us, so long as his body holds out. Ditto with Roughy.
    You know your list is in a good state when you don't need Dyson Heppell.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we're going to approach Colyers agent. His pace could be a real asset.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Triple H won the WWE Title today, so I think the chances of us signing him now are slim to none unfortunately.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Triple H won the WWE Title today, so I think the chances of us signing him now are slim to none unfortunately.
    He'd give away too many silly free kicks anyway.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Something about his game just bugs me anyway. Always staging.

7. Likes Twodogs, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn. Guess it's plan b, to get the real people's champion and the people' elbow, if we can smell what The Rock is cooking.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a CM Punk man myself. Would make a cracking centreman.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    You know your list is in a good state when you don't need Dyson Heppell.
    I don't think there's a team in the comp that wouldn't be happy to slip Heppell into a key midfield role - a young gun who plays better as the stakes rise. Already one of the most impressive players in the comp, I'd be more than wrapped if he wanted to come to us.
    Although it broke our hearts it did not break our will

Pugz89 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    I don't think there's a team in the comp that wouldn't be happy to slip Heppell into a key midfield role - a young gun who plays better as the stakes rise. Already one of the most impressive players in the comp, I'd be more than wrapped if he wanted to come to us.
    Who would he play ahead of out of the guys we already have? Macrae, Libba, Wallis, Hunter, Stevens, Dahlhaus, Bont etc..
    Mids who can play forward will be all the rage now with interchange cap coming in, Heppell up fwd doesn't scare me in the slightest. So sorry but i disagree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pugz89 View Post
    Who would he play ahead of out of the guys we already have? Macrae, Libba, Wallis, Hunter, Stevens, Dahlhaus, Bont etc..
    Mids who can play forward will be all the rage now with interchange cap coming in, Heppell up fwd doesn't scare me in the slightest. So sorry but i disagree.
    He plays before all of them except probably Libba and the Bont.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep. Hunter, Stevens, Dalhaus go forward, Wallis forward/bench. Even Bont could go forward or to the outside of the midfield to accomodate Heppell.

Post Thanks / Like

Dahlhaus V Heppell. Interesting debate. I would bet money their numbers are not too different.
    Luke gave us excellent service in 2015. Didn't miss a game I believe and was very consistent.
    Their taste in haircuts is not too different.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think anyone could be seriously suggesting that we wouldn't pursue Dyson Heppell if we could get him for free (in terms of trade/draft picks), that's just silly. Taking age into consideration, he's got to have considerably more currency than Suckling or Adcock who both made our list.

Given Watson and Stanton are reportedly included in those seeking legal action aginst EFC, they presumably are on the market. Would either add value to our list?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Dahlhaus V Heppell. Interesting debate. I would bet money their numbers are not too different.
    Luke gave us excellent service in 2015. Didn't miss a game I believe and was very consistent.
    Their taste in haircuts is not too different.
    Their numbers are almost identical from 2015, but I have Heppell in front, just a bit cleaner in traffic and with the ball.. but I'm very happy to have Dahl playing with us instead of opposing us.

17. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Their numbers are almost identical from 2015, but I have Heppell in front, just a bit cleaner in traffic and with the ball.. but I'm very happy to have Dahl playing with us instead of opposing us.
    What about goal kicking? Dahl has probably spent more time forward but still is pretty deadly from the midfield.Last 20 or 25 games. Is that about when Dahlhaus moved into the midfield?