Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs AGM 2016

Didn't go but for woofers that went along was it a good meeting. Anything of significance that was said etc?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs AGM 2016

Actually I was one of the few who went along.
    Not much eventuated. Matthew Croft is now a board member (I didn't know this previously). Gaye Hamilton retired from the board. Peter Gordon was re-elected by the board for the next 3 years and was installed as President again. The financial person, can't remember his name, and another co-opted member were both re-elected un-opposed as no other nominations were received. A few life memberships were given out and the procedures for nominating and selecting people for this honour, in future, were outlined. Fiona someone had also been co-opted to the board in the last 12 months. The Taskforce raffle with three prizes was conducted and won by three lucky people. Luke Beveridge spoke and compared our year to being like a 'tree.' The way he explained it, it was a very good analogy. He said things like 'a tree can be bothersome to others when it overhangs your fence' etc. All the players and staff were in attendance as well as some supporters. That's about all I can remember. It was not very memorable.

3. Thanks N/A, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rob Starry and Matty Croft have been observers to the Board this past year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably the least interesting AGM I have attended with few new facts of any interest.

Gordon said we spent 100% of the salary cap in 2015 and would again in 2016. Club also seems to have spent a bit of coin on artificial turf in the Elite Learning Centre. We are about 1000 annual reserved seats sales ahead of the same time last year and social club memberships are way up (but no figure was given).